7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 11:30 PM by canadian_in_us_freq_traveller RSS

Canadian Premier (Black) Card

queen1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

As a Canadian I recently received my new Chase Premier Card but I now find out that Canadians do not get the 50K miles at sign-up - we get 30K. Why are we not getting the same as the US Premier Card holders? Further  I just found out from Marriott Rewards that we also do not get the one night credit for every $3K spend.  I find this very concerning that all North American card holders are not treated equally.  I am currently a platinum elite member but will be struggling to retain it next year and was hoping to gain the extra credit for each $3K spent.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Canadian Premier (Black) Card
    cosmiccatnip Platinum

Queen1

i am in the same boat: We are as loyal but get the shorth end of the stick relative to our neighbours

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Queen and cosmic,

I feel for you two, our wonderful neighbors to the north. Does your card give you the 15 elite night credit on the anniversary?  How about the 1 night stay credit annually?

queen1 Platinum

Yes the card does give the 15 elite night anniversary credit but I don't see any information about the  1 night stay credit that you mention but I will check with Rewards about it.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings queen1, the one night credit for every $3K spend is not a feature of the Canadian Premier card (as you’ve noted), but the card is comparable to the US Premier card, with some considerations made for the Canadian market based on feedback from our valued members like yourself. For instance, your Canadian Premier card is the only hotel card in Canada to offer no foreign transaction fees. We can have an associate on the credit card team reach out to you directly if you’d like?

jaf Platinum

Can we get a similar card in Europe, with similar benefits as Canadaians or Americans? If so, from which banks?

jaf Platinum

I have been a loyal to Marriott for several years and being from Europe (not UK) have not heard of similar benefits as US residents or Canadians. It is unfair as all Marriott rewards card members should have a possibility to get a chance to get similar chance to get similar benefits (if they wish to do so, considering positive evaluation of the track record of the person).

canadian_in_us_freq_traveller Platinum

I have been considering the card. I remember it used to only offer 10K points a few years ago. I saw since its increased. I am of opinion when there is segmentation in such way it just turns me off of such products. But in general I do like what Marriott rewards has to offer.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...