4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 12:40 PM by pluto77 RSS

earning status levels

l_kauffman Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Do your stays for earning your status levels work on a calendar year?  Is there any other way to earn the next level besides a nights stay?  thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: earning status levels
    absolutelegend1 Platinum 2 Reviews

Yes, it's more or less on the calendar year.

No, although getting the Marriott Credit Card will earn you some more qualifying nights.  Maybe sleeping with someone at MR HQ might also work?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bvanskiver Platinum

I am also curious about this - do you start off at 0 each calendar year? I have 54 nights so far this year but wonder if I have to re-earn gold to get to platinum if I don't make it before Dec 31.

absolutelegend1 Platinum 2 Reviews

Yes you re-start each year with 0, unless you have rollover.  In your case you will have 4 rollover nights, so you will need to earn 71 more in 2012 to qualify for Platinum in 2013.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Kauffman,

There a number of ways to earn the next status that do not involve actual night stays.

a)     You can sign up for the Marriott Chase credit card.  Travel Rewards Credit Cards | Marriott Credit Card

1. You will automatically receive credit for 10 (or 15 depending on the credit card, basic/business or premier) nights each year on your anniversary.
    2. You will also receive one night credit for each $3,000 you spend.

b)     Enter your birthday on your Marriott Rewards profile page, and you will receive one free night credit each year on your birthday.

c)     Rollover nights.  While they may involve actual stays, any nights earned over the threshold for your current level will rollover to the next year and will apply towards status earnings during the next calendar year.

There is also an accelerated way to earn the next status that does involve actual night stays.  It's the Platinum/Gold challenge.  While you need 50 nights/calendar year to achieve gold status and 75 nights/calendar year to achieve platinum status, by enrolling in the challenge, you can immediately be assigned platinum status for 90 days, which you will get to keep into the next calendar year (I believe) if you stay 18 nights in 90 days.  Call customer support for more details on the challenge program.

I hope I haven't left anything out.  Hope this helps.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...