4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 5:45 PM by eb5147 RSS

Gainesville, FL Courtyard

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

En route to the Keys, FL this week, we stopped at the CY, Gainesville, FL.  We were upgraded from a king room, I guess with a small living area with sofa, to a king suite with the biggest living room area we'd seen.  It had a nice bar and storage area along the end wall and a couple of chairs, sofa, and built in desk and TV console area.  The balcony was the largest I'd seen, also, with 4 chairs and a small table just big enough to hold 4 glasses and maybe a plate or 2.

The decor was really nice, too, as usual.

Nice room, but the bath was a bit off-putting with the bumper placed directly in front of the toilet, which would also cause the door to bounce back into your face, so you had to be careful in opening the door.

Also, only 2 sets of towels, washcloths, and facecloths were in the room despite renting it to 3 people.  Granted, we'd just reserved the room a short while before and there was only the desk clerk around, but something could have been done to prepare for a possibility of more than 2 people, it seemed to me.

The GM said he appreciated that comment the next morning, and I told him this was not the only place we'd run into that, but Marriott should have a better way of being prepared, IMHO.  I do know that theft is a big problem, though. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Gainesville, Florida, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Gainesville
  • Re: Gainesville, FL Courtyard
    lizbeth Platinum

Great to know, and thanks.  We are planning a trip to Gainesville in February, and have been trying to decide between the Courtyard and the Residence Inn.  Sounds like this might be the good choice.  Anyone else with comparative info?  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Lizabeth,

Have you viewed the rooms and rates?  I don't know what dates you're planning on traveling or how many are in your party, but I entered Feb. 6 - 10, 2013 for 3 people with flexible dates just for comparison.  Have you looked at the rates and pictures for the 2?  After I saw the rates for the RI and the rates for the CY for the month of Feb., I didn't even bother to look at the CY pictures, which I knew was nice anyway.

Have you done that yet?

There would be no question for me and I'd book a room ASAP.

You might even want to consider Point Savers and especially if you wanted to stay 5 days.

lizbeth Platinum

Hi, eb5147.  Yes, I have looked and read some reviews.  I do plan to use points for 5 days/nights, and both properties are available.  The RI is 80,000 and the Courtyard is 60,000.  Since there are only two of us, and since both properties look nice, I guess I am just wondering if the 20,000 point difference is worth it.  We stay at both brands often and like them for different reasons.  So, back to you.  Which would you choose?  L

Lizbeth,

When I checked on the rates last night, they showed to be in the $450 - $540 range for every day of the month.  I really thought that was strange, but I've seen things like that before.  Today, they showed to be $149 / night and 80,000 points for 5 days for any room type.

For that many days, I think you'd like the RI better.  It has the kitchen if you do want to cook anything.  They serve breakfast daily, and the one that we stay at is pretty good.  That's a new place, so I expect it would be at least as good.

I'd opt for the suite instead of the studio.  You'll have more room to stretch out and the rooms really looked nice with lots of activities, including a putting green.  I'd still book it asap and then change it later if need be in case those rates are indicating something that might happen that would book the entire place.

Have a good time.  :-)

P.S.:  You might be able to get an upgrade on points at the CY, but I wouldn't count on it, especially for 5 days, so the RI definitely.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...