2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2012 9:06 AM by lakeshore RSS

Florida destinations for family with boys!

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello! It has been some time since I have posted...we had a big 2 month getaway, and have been getting back into the swing of things at home. I have alot of a catching up to do! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

WE are thinking of perhaps having an early spring break to Florida this February, but I am  sad  to say that I have never been to Florida! so, I need your help! If we decide to go, it will be with our 3 boys, ages 11-3. Our big boys LOVE to surf(that is what happens when you spend 6weeks in southern CA!), so we must be where there is good surf for surfing and boogey/body boarding. And, as much as I LOVE a full service hotel, with the kids, the Vacation Clubs are what suit us best right now. So, any suggestions?

Hubby and I seem to think about this every year, and end up in Europe(which is fantastic), but a relaxing beach vacation would be great.  Thanks so much for any help.

JerryCoin, aren't you headed to Rome for Christmas?!! I remember last year, you writing about it, and we were actually pretty close to booking something at the Grand Flora, too, but now my wonderful hubby has just had shoulder surgery since our return from CA, and we will be staying put. I was hoping to taking you to a great restaurant clost to the  Grand Fora that we went to 5 years ago.  Maybe next year?!!

Thanks again to all of you who can recommend something great in Florida for the beginning of Feb. Happy belated Thanksgiving!

SOrryabout any typos...too much going on to double check! Lol!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Miami Beach, Florida, USA
Cocoa Beach, Florida, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral
  • Re: Florida destinations for family with boys!
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

lakeshore,

So good to hear from you!

We all hope you will stay in touch, you always have something of interest to share!

I am enjoying watching a movie I have never seen before "Camelot", it is very good!  By the way, not going to Rome, but am going to Bavaria next week!

If I was to take my family to Florida, (Which I have many times), I would suggest Cocoa Beach.  You can stay at the CY, walk to the beach, enjoy Ron-Jon's Surf Shop, Port Canaveral and all.  You are only 40 minutes from The Orlando airport.

If you go, let me know so I can share details about the area.  I used to be on the Board of Chamber of Commerce for Cocoa Beach.  Happy Holiday!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    Cocoa Beach, Florida, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral
    • Re: Florida destinations for family with boys!
      lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

THank you so much, Jerry! I never had thought of Cocoa Beach...never been to Florida, so I have no idea. That is why I love this site. It opens my eyes to places I never would have even known! I will let you know what we decide.

AS for Bavaria, have a wonderful time. I would think it will be gorgeous with all of the Christmas lights and market....just magical!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...