5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 1:40 PM by GemPrincess RSS

The Statue of Liberty - NYC

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Sometimes I think I choose to sail out of NYC just to enjoy the view of the statue of liberty!  The New York skyline is beautiful from the ship.  Great views of the new Freedom Tower too!  But there is nothing quite like seeing the statue of liberty.  A special treat during fall and winter sailings is the sunset is a beautiful back drop.  I enjoy getting all bundled up in my -50 degree parka and hood that I use for Russia and Alaska in the winter, with a cup of hot chocolate and baileys in hand, and just standing on the deck in the cold and the wind to get a glimpse as we sail by. I am sure my accomodations are much nicer than our ancestors when they sailed by, but I think we are all awed just the same.

When I booked my cruise, I wasn't thinking of this, but when we sailed by, I thought, what a perfect way to start off the Thanksgiving celebration!

Will need to remember this when planning future T-Day Week trips!

If you don't have time for the cruise, there is also a good view from the Financial Center Marriott from many rooms and also the CL!

Statue of Liberty - Nov 18, 2012.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts New York Marriott Downtown
New York City, New York, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Tysons Corner
  • Re: The Statue of Liberty - NYC
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Sound like a great way to spend Thanksgiving...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

GP,

Just enjoying the start of "Godfather II", what a scene of The Statue of Liberty!

Thinking of your picture and enjoying that great scene from a wonderful movie!

Catch it when you can, and the Ellis Island scene is most memorable!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

JC,

Completely forgot about that scene!

Another movie with the Statue of Liberty in it is the Hitchcock classic, "Saboteur"

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

GP,

Will have to look that movie up, am not familiar with it.  Thanks for the information!

JC, If you like Hitchcock, you will enjoy this film too.  Not as well know though I am not certain why.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...