20 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2012 8:11 AM by jasper100 RSS

And the 2012 winner of "The Voice" is:

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Cassadee Pope

A great performance on The Voice Last night...You gotta listen to this one!!! For those who don't know, the song was written by Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert (his wife) and is a song about the loss of Blakes older brother years ago..Very touching song.

Won Best song of the Year on the recent CMA awards (Country Music Association).

Blake Shelton won Entertainer of the year also.

# 1 "The Voice" download on I-tunes on Cassadee Pope's version.

Cassadee Pope Sings *Over You* On The Voice Has Blake In Tears 11/19/2012 - YouTube (Full Version)

Cassadee Pope: "Over You" - The Voice - YouTube (Song Only)

Miranda Lambert Version

Miranda Lambert - Over You - YouTube

Which version do you like better???

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Over You...

And the winner of The Voice:

Cassadee Pope

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: And the 2012 winner of "The Voice" is:
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

And this has exactly what to do with Marriott or travel??

Please...it was put under Pop Cultures and Celebrities..as many others have and that Insiders has a special place for..

How does my posting not fit under Pop Cuoture and Celebrities category???

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I'm with Husker on this one.  I cannot stand the show, AND it definately has NOTHING to do with travel.......

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

shoeman100,

As I sit in one of your favorite cities!  Washington, MO., I have a confession, I have never even heard of this show!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I promise, you are not missing anything.....  (In my opinion).  It is the HIP version of American Idol.

Regarding Washington, what on earth takes you there so often?  In fact, what takes you to all these out of the way places?

btw, I am in NYC at the moment.  Trump Tower to be exact.  I will be In LA tonite and on the Red-eye the following nite.  Arriving home for the Holidays on Friday.  As the famous line goes, "miles to go before I sleep"......

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

shoeman,

I am doing an "Antique" type of Road Show here!  This is my "Retreat" as I do a lot of work with the Bank of Washington, and this gets me our of the "Rat Race" in St. Louis!  I enjoy going to these relaxing, "Out of the Way Places" and working, it makes going to places like Bavaria, etc., for vacation, that much more fun!

Speaking of a "Rat-Race"!  NYC-LA on a "Red Eye"!  Have a Safe Trip and enjoy your stay in NYC.  That Trump Tower sounds very inviting!  You now have me thinking about a great steak I often get in NYC.  Will have to settle for "Bonanza" here tonight!

There are many things that are posted on Insiders that have nothing to do with travel particularly under the Pop Culture and Celebrities category. Just because you don't like "The Voice" many others like me do like it...

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Yep.  I've seen everything here from football to favorite songs.  Special interests is something we share with one another.  Lots of people travel all over the country to do auditions and to go to the contests.  I love "So You Think You Can Dance" when it comes on and "The Amazing Race".  There are such beautiful and interesting places all over the world shown on that.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Jasper,

Many of us (me included) are guilty of posting some off-travel topics from time to time, and I would hope that you, or any single member doesn't get called out for it.  If these topics are created in categories for this kind of topic, then I see no problem with it, and can choose to ignore these if I choose to.  Seems like we've been down this path before.  I enjoy your help and comments here, and I may not read every posting or link one you post, or every one that almost anyone else posts either.  I try to not be partial.  Please accept my best holiday wishes!

And this comment to the rest of the MI members.  It wasn't that long ago we were all wishing each other a Happy Thanksgiving, so in the spirit of the upcoming holidays, I hope we can all remember that we have many different views on everything, and that is what makes this site so special.  What a boring place this would be if we all agreed on everything, and I wouldn't be here then.  Let's try to remember what this holiday is truly about and Merry Christmas/Feliz Navidad, Happy Hanukkah (past), or Happy New Year to all of you, with my truly best wishes to each and every one of you.  Thank you.

Tim

Thanks. It seems most Insiders tolerate postings that are not always travel related (particularly when they are posted in the Pop Culture and Celebrities category) and where they can filter their viewing of postings that they are not interested in!!!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Yes, and even engage in it, when they are so inclined.  Keep on posting all your great listings Jasper, and have fun with that trip you won to NYC!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

I love Marriott Rewards Insiders.  It's so colorful!!  It's true, we get caught up in our passions, and I find these posts interesting, amusing, and enjoyable.  Post away.  Especially since your other "travel related" posts are so very fine and valuable, Jas.  I'll happily take the whole package.

I don't like "The Voice" very much (but I love Adam Levine , sigh.  and would anyone agree with me that the talented Christina Aguliera seriously needs a better stylist ?  embrace your natural coloring and ditch the glitter on the eyelids, honey - says I on my way to the salon to "cover my gray" ), but I'm an "American Idol" fan (although I don't know if I can stomach Mariah Carey or Nikki Manouj next season - and probably murdered the name spelling, so sorry).  I love "So You Think You Can Dance," but don't care for "Dancing with the Stars."  Interesting about how our preferences are different.  It's what makes life colorful!  I'll always read entertainment posts.

And if I don't get off of here and get the extra bedroom and the bathroom cleaned in about the next 3 hours, my kids will be staying in a Marriott tonight!  (Travel related! )

I am a big Idol Fan also...

IMG_6242.JPG

My daugher and I with Phillip Philliips (2012 American Idol Winner)

IMG_5050.JPG

My daughter and I with Scotty Mccreery (2011 American Idol Winner)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Very, very cool, Jasper (don't know how you managed these).  Enjoy holidays and all of the terrific entertainment that awaits you in NYC.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I liked Scotty McCreery.  I didn't watch it this year.

Do you get the VIP packages from AMEX?

Your daughter is beautiful. 

Thanks.  I got the meet and greet package from Ticket Master and for the two years had front row seats in 2011 and 2nd row seats in 2012. It was an enjoyable experience!!!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi folks, we appreciate your enthusiasm but remember to keep things civil and please let us handle the policing - our goal to maintain a community that is respectful of various views and opinions without obscenities or harassment.

If you come across this thread from the Activity page, that is because the page shows you a chronological list of all content from all topics and groups. So you may see replies to a Spark, a question about the Marriott Rewards Credit Card, or a discussion from the Pop Culture and Celebrities group – We’re not shifting our focus from travel but special interests are opportunities to bond with peers and share our personalities to keep the community lively, even though I’ve never seen the show.

If on the other hand, you’re looking for conversations about specific subjects, you can use the collapsible navigation list on the homepage (and within each Topic) to find your way to specific conversation categories. For instance, we’ve included links to all categories within each of the four topics - within Community Central, you can drill down to Community Help & Support or more specifically, Browse FAQ's, Ask Customer Care, or Getting Started Guide. (We’re already working on improving the navigation)

Happy Holidays everyone!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...