12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 3:44 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Branson, Mo. "Diverse"!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It would be best to dedicate a post to the various aspects of Branson to "Where to stay", "Where to dine", and "What to see"!

This post will have information on "Where to stay"!

Let's face it, there are always places that are "Less and more expensive", but after almost 100 trips to Branson, here's "Who get's my vote"!

IMG_0830.JPG

The R. I. has location, comfort, value and all backed by a wonderful staff!

IMG_0827.JPG

The G.M., Neill L. is a "Hands on G.M."!  The staff of his is supportive and very professional.  They will help with tickets to shows, have them delivered to the hotel, and are very dependable to give you the best seats and pricing!  Helped with Johnny Mathis, and other shows, as well as informative on places to dine, on any budget!

IMG_1763.JPG

Shelia B, "The Assistant G.M., has been great at recommending shows and places to dine!  They have a person, they work with who specializes in shows/seats in Branson!

IMG_2794.JPG

Angie P. is a fellow "Christmas lover", and really is so helpful to the guests!  She recommended the following place and did we find the Christmas ornaments we were looking for!

IMG_1759.JPG

Christmas shopping is very popular!  However, being "Old fashioned", here is what greeted me upon check-in, and it was very welcome at Midnight!

IMG_2767.JPG

When you get your name "Up in Lights", it is wonderful, not just for me, but look at the others on this list!  Thanks Branson, R.I.!

Instead of coming once a year, I have booked TWO times per year!Mo

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Branson, Missouri, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Branson
  • Re: Branson, Mo. "Diverse"!
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Jerry,

I had no idea you'd been there that many times.  I noticed you are in St Louis, so that might explain why you've been there so many times.  I've always thought it would be fun to come play around Branson for a few days.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tryt,

I have had a lot of business in Branson, and it has been since 1980 that I have been traveling there.  Like anyplace, some good, some bad, but I do enjoy the peace of the RI.  Have stayed at The FF and The Time Share Place, and they are fine, I just like the two room suite, and staff at the RI!

Branson, is a sort of place that you can enjoy or not, a lot depends on what you like doing!

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Branson is on my "Bucket List" to visit..I want to be a star like Jerry too!!!!

Jasper,

I am no "Star", but I have seen a lot of them!

I want to thank-you for introducing me to taking "Non-Flash" photo's at special events!  Most places don't let you record, but do allow photo's when you don't use flash!

Branson is not New Zealand, etc., but an interesting place to visit!

erc Platinum

Here's an Insiders tip; each year for the past few years they have offered 35-40% off of the Willow Ridge vacation club (so you're talking around $100-110 for an 800 sq. ft. one bedroom villa w/balcony). This, like the Res. Inn, is also an excellent property with fine customer service. If you go the first Sunday in December, you miss the Thanksgiving rush, and have the town when it's catching its breath. Much smaller crowds, one fifth the normal road traffic (much fewer bus tours), excellent shows (40-75% full is enough folks to be a good time, but not filled to the gill, so excellent seats), great meals (with small crowds, little wait) and best of all, they have started their Christmas activities (festive). If this year is too late for you, be on the watch for it next year, it's a terrific time with wonderful holiday spirit and the natives are as friendly as can be - probably extra nice this week when it's not so crazy.

erc,

This is not just good advice, it is great advice!

That is a perfect time to visit for the reasons you state!

Thanks!

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Right.  We went in Sept. a few years ago and probably got the same rate offered by the elite rewards.  I guess that's where you're talking about the reduced rates, too.  They even have good preview dinners offered through the MVC.  And free laundry access.  I love that about vacation clubs since we have to do pay for ours every week, even though he does get reimbursed.  It's just a hassle having to get enough quarters.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

erc,

Agreed.  Stayed at Willow Ridge last November for 35-40% rate discount.  The prices couldn't be beat.  The villa and the entire property was great!

Jerry, the RI looks very nice and welcoming.  The welcome board is great!  The Christmas store really looks like good fun too.  Can you please speak more about what Christmas show offerings there are during the holidays?  Or does it just depend on the touring schedule of performers.  Also, any specific dining recommends?

Thanks!

pluto,

Some "Headline" entertainers perform at Branson, only for Christmas Shows, and usually for one or two shows, they move on!  This year that would include:

Johnny Mathis,  This years show was my third time seeing him in Branson, and this show was even better than the previous years.  He does a show on Friday and Saturday, only.

IMG_2792.JPG

Johnny Mathis, puts on a fine show! You can take pictures, they just don't want you to use a flash!  (I learned this from Jasper!, had never taken a photo at a show till I saw Jasper's!)

Bill Cosby is coming for a single show.

Other shows available for Christmas only:

Tony Orlando, The Great American Christmas

Bob Newhart

Oak Ridge Boys

There are a lot of other fine shows: (These may go on for the entire season)

Mel Tillis

Mickey Gilley

Neal McCoy

Neil Diamond Tribute

Red Skelton Tribute

Roy Rogers Jr.

Shoji Tabuchi, A great show, put on by a wonderful fiddler!

Statler Brothers Revisited

Texas Tenors

Twelve Irish TenorsYakov Smirnoff

Andy Williams Christmas Show (The Lennon Sisters)

Johnny Cash Songbook

Gatlin Brothers with Debbie Boone

Jim Stafford, (I liked this one)

Separate shows: Tributes to The Eagles, John Denver, Hank Williams, Beach Boys, Four Tops, and MORE!

Dixie Stampede (Dolly Parton)

You get the message, there is something for every family and person!

One nice thing is the desk people at The FF,(Angie and all), are very helpful in helping and referring you to Gary for show details.  Enjoy!

Wow, great information Jerry.  Thanks so much for taking the time to post this!  I'll pass it on to my folks who are interested in the Branson Christmas season.

pluto,

Most tickets are not too difficult to get.  The Bill Cosby, Johnny Mathis, and "Top Liners) would be some that you should order well in advance.

Glad you liked the information!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...