2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2013 2:51 PM by gllobalwizzo RSS

Dubai as a holiday destination

tijger Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Do you have any idea about Marriott hotels in Dubai? We plan to have a holiday in the sun and some shopping that propably is the main subject in Dubai in Feb 2013. Would be nice to find nice location but difficult to know because we have never been there.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Dubai, United Arab Emirates JW Marriott JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates JW Marriott JW Marriott Hotel Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates Renaissance Hotels Fairfield Inn & Suites Clearwater
  • Re: Dubai as a holiday destination
    sam_dubai Gold

Hi, i live in Dubai, the hotel in the center of Dubai is JW Marriott , its a nice hotel, close to many shopping attractions ( 10-15 min. by car) if you like to go to beach then you have to go by car from the hotel which take (15 min). , Gym is great swimming pool not really luxury. many good restaurants and bars inside the hotel.  rooms are really spacious , specially the family room. its good choice for a shopping holiday.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Dubai as a holiday destination
    gllobalwizzo Platinum 2 Reviews

Hi, Looks l'm a little late getting this to you.

My wife and I were back in the UAE after Christmas and stayed until the 3rd.

My long time favorite hotel is the JW Marriott in Deira, I have been staying here for a number of years.  The hotel is very comfortable and located close to the airport.  You can walk to the metro Abu Baker station in a few minutes.  The Executive Lounge staff is the best I've seen anywhere.  The quality and variety of the food is great.  I'm pretty much a basic food eater and the fancier things are wasted on me.  This lounge has a very good variety to please anyone.  The hotel has some very good restaurants as well.

We also managed to stay at the JW Marriott Marquis for a few days starting New Year's Eve.  This hotel is located slightly south of the Burj Kalifa on the edge of Business Bay.  Easy to get back to the Dubai Mall, the metro stop is a little walk, but not bad.  We still like City Center Mall.  Mirdif Mall is fairly new and another good place to shop.  Visit Wafi Mall and Ibn Batuta malls to see the design and decorations.  Again, easy access to the Metro and you can get to all the malls.  I also rent a car when I'm in the UAE since we don't just stay around Dubai and some of the Malls, Festival Bay, Dragon Mart and others are easier to get to using a car.  Getting to Abu Dhabi, Sharjah and other emirates will require a car or $$ for a cab ride.

The Marquis went from a soft opening just prior to the end of the year to a sold out new years eve.  The Staff did a tremendous job taking care of everyone.  This hotel has about 802 rooms per tower and one tower is currently open.  The executive lounge is the entire 37th floor.  Room and Hotel decoration and furnishings are very well done.  We had a corner suite on the 64th floor.  The breakfast in the lounge is pretty good, not the variety of some other locations and no omelets, but very well done.  Lots of space and rooms with views of the entire area.

The staffs at both of these properties are absolutely GREAT!

It makes it hard to choose where to stay.  We solved it for the next trip with a week at each hotel. 

There are other Marriott Hotels in Dubai, the Marriott Marina, Courtyard and the Exec Apartments are some.  I have not stayed at any of these, but driven by therm and prefer the locations of the JWs.

Enjoy your trip.  the shopping Festival runs for about a month starting the 4th of Jan.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...