1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 12:42 AM by dejamo RSS

Anyone call rewards after hours?

rjwoodsy Gold
Currently Being Moderated

It's 9pm and I called the rewards department to confirm that I'd get bonus miles for an upcoming stay that was advertised on the rewards site.  They sent me to the after hours guy which I haven't had any experience with before.

There wasn't a code so I called to confirm that I'd get the points with my stay.  Basically I got an "f you" from the guy.  Not sure why, but I was passed from an initial assistant to him.  I told him the prior person was in the wrong department and didn't know about how to ensure I got the miles and he seemed to take offense to that.  I asked if there was a code I needed to put in to ensure the bonus miles and his response was "did you click on the link provided?"  I said yes but there was no code or mention of the bonus miles on the confirmtaion page.  I told him that and his response was "my answer isn't going to change."  I politely said thanks and ended the call nearly afraid to follow up on my continued confusion.  Anyone else have such a negative experience with the after hours folks?  All my prior calls have been great until this one.  Now I'm left with my initial question unanswered and an unieasiness to call back.  Super bummed about my favorite hotel rewards program.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Anyone call rewards after hours?
    dejamo Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

You must be one of Marriott's "Most Valued Customers" to receive personalized attention like that !

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...