15 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2013 7:38 PM by glparks RSS

Anaheim Marriott - what are your experiences?

tupperkid Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I've stayed at the Anaheim Marriott a few times in the past, but as I will be earning GOLD with one more night's stay, I will start staying here for every Disney trip to take full advantage of the Anaheim Marriott's consierge lounge.  I was just wondering what other's have to say about the Anaheim Marriott.  Any tips?  How do I stay in the rooms with direct access to the pool?  What rooms can I see Disney's fireworks from?  Are there certain times that are better to stay here than others?  Can I trade points for free wi-fi (or do I get that free now with GOLD status?)  Can I get free parking?  What has made your stay at the Anaheim Marriott special?  Is there anything to avoid here?  Any tips or suggestions are welcome!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Anaheim, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Anaheim Marriott
  • Re: Anaheim Marriott - what are your experiences?
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

tupperkid,

I haven't stayed here myself, however, you should get free wifi with your gold status.  I might be in the area next year.  How's Disneyland access from this property?  The rooms like nice from what I can see on the website. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tupperkid Gold

You can walk to the park from here, but I choose not to, as you walk so much at the park, it's just too much to walk back to your hotel at the end of the day.  Disneyland has parking directly across Harbor Blvd from the road (Convention Center) that the Anaheim Marriott is on.  At the moment, it costs $15 to park at Disney's parking lots.  My favorite place to stay (without the consierge lounge) is The Anaheim Residence Inn.  Free parking, free wifi, free breakfast, and it's about the same distance from Disneyland - it's on Clementine. 

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Thanks for the info tupperkid!  How far is the walk from the Marriott to the park (time or distance)?  I read about a shuttle, but it stops running kind of early. 

tupperkid Gold

The Disney shuttle runs until closing.  The walk from the park to the hotel is maybe 20 minutes - I've never walked it.  There are taxi's.  The cost would be $10 or less.

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

The Anaheim Marriott is only 2 blocks to parts of the Disneyland Resort --- but the catch is that it is about six blocks from the main entrance on Harbor Blvd (4 blocks north of Katella Bavd).  That is still a relatively short walk.   E.G., don't pay for the shuttle bus.  The shuttle buses (Anaheim Resort Transit) run well after park closing at night --- just ask the bus driver when the last one leaves Disneyland for your hotel.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Hi Tupperkid,

I know you're looking for experiences at the Anaheim Marriott, and I'm sorry I've never stayed there, but I took a look at the website.  People like different properties for different reasons.  For what it's worth, here is my own comparison analysis.  The Fairfield Inn (which I've stayed at a few times), is directly across the street from Disneyland.  It is literally just about a hundred yard walk away.  So you don't have far to walk, and you don't have to wait for shuttles.  Interestingly though, it does not offer free breakfast (I think most FFI's do), whereas the Anaheim Marriott has a CL, which means that you would get free breakfast M-F, plus all other CL benefits.  You'd have to call to see if the lounge is open on weekends or if they offer the breakfast coupons for weekends.  Since I've not stayed at the Anaheim Marriott, cannot speak to the rooms or lobby, probably nice, but the rooms are nice at the FFI too.  Parking at the FFI is only $11/day, whereas at the Marriott, it is $24/day ($28/day valet).  As a gold member, you are entitled to free wifi at both properties.  There's no free parking at either property.  Both have pools.  Both are Category 5, but the FFI is far less expensive than the Anaheim Marriott (although right now, the Anaheim Marriott has some good deals going on.)  If you check the 'my dates are flexible' calendar, you can see when the best deals are from month to month.  Can't speak to dates where the rates are higher due to conventions (at the Anaheim Marriott), but basically because of Disneyland, your rates will be higher on weekends, summer, week of Thanksgiving, week of Halloween, Christmas break, Spring Break, Mem. Day weekend, etc.

Hope this helps a little.

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

Hi Tupperkid

I stay frequently at the Anaheim Marriott on business.  However, it is a great place for business or pleasure.  Always lots of kids around, but never a nuisance in my experience.   As you may remember, the pool is on the ground floor just outside the restaurant. However, although overnight rooms on the first floor are limited, go to the "remarks" box on page two of the reservations screens and make your "pool-side room" request---They usually accomodate golds and plats on those things on a space-available basis.  Fireworks are another matter -- unless you have a north-facing overnight room (for which you can also make a request) and it is on a high floor (like the Concierge floor), you will not see much of the fieworks.  Keep in mind that the Anaheim Marriott Concierge lounge is on a high floor but faces south, looking away from Disneyland --- sorry. Best time to stay anywhere around Disneyland is off-season which I would define as September thru mid-December except Thanksgiving, and January thru early March.  Whatever you do, avoid Spring break weeks (late March thru April), summer, Thanksgiving, and Christmas thru New Years.  Golds and Plats get free wi-fi at all Marriott brands including hotels like Marriott, Rennaissance, JW, etc. that normally charge for it.  There is no free parking at the Anaheim MARR unless that is negotiated into a group meeting contract.

That said, here is another alternative:  When I take my grandkids to Disneyland, I stay at Anaheim Marriott Suites (corner of Harbor Blvd and Chapman), which is very kid-friendly, has all two-room suites, gives Golds and Plats free breakfast, offers free parking, is a one-mile shuttle ride to Disneyland (daily shuttle fare  $4), but does not have a Concierge Lounge.  Our family actually prefers the Marriott Suites and from a higher floor you can see the fireworks.

Happy Trails!

tupperkid Gold

Thanks countryjim - especially for the tips on pool-side room or north facing high floor room! 

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Hi Tupperkid:

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and made a post each time but can only find this one:

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/60348#60348

I have had a room on the Concierge level but it is, as Countryjim said, difficult to see the fireworks.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

tupperkid:

Here's the other report I did.

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/6364#6364

The Anaheim Marriott is discussed in the second part of the post. It was a bad experience but, as the report above shows, the experience improved significantly.

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

I've stayed here once.  I remember the CL being extremely busy, and some families abusing the system.  But, overall, it was a decent stay.  Keep an eye open for their special rates which include a $100 Disney Gift Card (for each night of your stay) to use at the park.   IIRC, the room rate was $209/per night. and free parking was included. so a pretty good deal!  Agree with the others about the Marriott Suites!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I never stayed there but went to meetings there and from what I saw, it is more of a business hotel.  Lots of people and lines for anything.  The lobby is nice and I would assume the rooms are too.  I would agree with others and consider the Marriott Suites for a Disney trip.  I like walking but not when I will be on my feet all day at Disney and probably would not walk there especially with kids.  If that is the case a shuttle or taxi would be needed either way.

tupperkid Gold

This last weekend I stayed for the first time as a Gold Elite member at the Anaheim Marriott.  I was disappointed to learn that their consierge lounge is only open during the week.  I expressed my disappointment, and was given $25 on my account to use at the Starbucks or wherever in liu of the lounge.  I still feel disappointed, as I was looking forward to the lounge.  I thought I'd put this update out there, as it doesn't say on the Anaheim Marriott's web site that there is no consierge lounge on the weekends.....  I will be trying out the Marriott Suites next, and then possibly going back to the Residence Inn on Clementine - my favorite Marriott in Anaheim.  It would be so cool to be upgraded to a loft room there!

glparks Platinum 3 Reviews

This is our first choice when in Anaheim.  Ask for a room with pool access if that is what you want. They are very helpful.  We use the ART--you can get a day pass or a 3-day pass.  Ride back and forth all day.  We walk it sometimes, but it just depends.  Look for room packages--sometimes you can get valet for the cost of the self-park.  The concierge lounge is a very nice lounge.  My wife and I are at the Marriott Burbank right now and although the lounge is open all day for a place to sit (we do like that) and get water, the food at the Anaheim lounge is a bit more complete, including the ability to get hot chocolate, which we miss here in Burbank.  As for fireworks, you need to be on a high floor and facing the park direction which is NOT pool access.  On the other hand, you can also walk a little ways and see quite a bit from the sidewalk.

The buffett breakfast at the restaurant is amazing.  We do that now and then but definitely take the walk to the park if you have the buffett.  Come with family?  Look for one of the packages that includes the breakfast buffett.  It is an amazing value.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...