10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 2:43 AM by kharada46 RSS

Residence Inn Phoenix Airport

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This category 3 hotel is located about 5 minutes from the airport.  Check-in was easy and we were thanked for our loyalty to Marriott.  We made arrangements to catch the airport shuttle the following morning and got directions (already printed out) to the rental car return so we could return our rental car that evening and be picked up by the hotel shuttle.  After returning our car, we took the airport bus to the terminal and called the hotel to send the shuttle.  It only took about 30 minutes and we were back at the hotel.  Our suite was large and attractively decorated.  The vanity area is located outside the smaller area with the tub/shower/toilet.  A manager's social was held that evening and had a wide selection of appetizers, cookies, and drinks.  I think the wine and beer was complimentary, but I am not positive.  I just did not see anyone paying.  Breakfast the next morning had the typical RI choices and was fresh and replinished as necessary.  We would recommend this hotel for a nice stay if you needed to be near the airport.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Phoenix, Arizona, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Phoenix Airport
  • Re: Residence Inn Phoenix Airport
    erc Platinum

Razorbackfan

I'm starting to think we have some sort of travel mind meld going on here. I thought  "wow, there's a similarity in trips here between rzb and erc and sure enough, I checked back on the threads for the past few months and noticed  that often within weeks of each other, we both had;

gone to Vermont for fall foliage

went to Boston in the summer

stayed at the Fairfield in Kenner La

gone to Alaska; same Vancouver Marriott, Anchorage, Seward, Denali

you spent Christmas in Brooklyn, we were at Gem Princess' fave - Res. Inn Manhattan

Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake

I went to Montreal this summer, you had it on your travel radar

of course New Orleans

you at the Res. Inn Phoenix airport, exactly where I'm staying next month, with same shuttle plans

(and we both had miserable college football seasons this year)
    I'd better be careful this week at Timberlodge, or I might break my wrist!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

twins separated at birth?

Erc, please don't break your wrist!  How interesting that you connected all these similar trips.  I am still trying to plan a trip that will also serve as a mileage run during the Christmas holiday.  Can you give me some suggestions?   I am so glad college basketball has started.  The Hogs are supposed to do fairly well this season.  They play in the Maui Invitational again in Nov. 2013 and we are hoping to go.  Do you have Hawaii on your radar?  

erc Platinum

razor

Just checked in today at Timberlodge (Lake Tahoe) and will play it safe and post pictures later. A couple of possibilities for a December trip are;

from December 17th on Ft. Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs - use the BAR code and this $200+ room is $90 and since it's not a resort, it has a concierge lounge plus they don't charge for parking - a good deal if; you like golfing or want to sightsee in southern fl.

Also Washington DC has some good rates in December on weekends;

AAA  rate at Dulles Marriott Suites $76 - can go see the space shuttle at the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum (it's a Smithsonian near Dulles Airport) with lots of great stuff.

Crystal City Marriotts - Advance rate weekends $89 & $99  and Spring Hill Alexandria Va (Old Town) Advanced $89 - free parking/breakfast

and if using a certificate, one of my favorites is the Cat.4 Pentagon City Residence Inn.

12/14 advanced pay - $99 Mayflower and the two other DC Ren's - good deals (can stay 2, 3,4 nites Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun-if Fr/Sat included)

Looking at Hawaii for this time next year - if they run similar deals to this year, probably Maui Ocean Club with a day or two in Waikiki. I'll be using all of local expert's kharada46 and the hall of famer's jerrycoin great restaurant and activities ideas.

It's in the 50s here at Tahoe, but due to the snow this past weekend, they're opening ski season early, which is great for us non-skiers in that they re-open the gondola for some terrific views. Have a good week.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

erc,

Have a great time, can you send us some pictures?

Thanks for the "Tips" on WDC!

erc,

I almost missed your reference to "Hall of Famer",  that was too kind and "Made my day"!    Really, I am just another "Travel Bug" like most of the fine folks on the MRI!

You have a wonderful trip!  BTW, if you get a chance, try to go to Harrah's Summit Room, for dinner! (It's been years ago, so I don't know if it even still there).  It was rated one of the finest in America for food, view, ambience and service!

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

erc,

Thanks for the shout out!  If you see a good rate, book it now!  But I'd keep checking the prices often.  The news last night spoke of economic contraction in Japan and the possibility of recession.  That means our visitors arrival may drop and with it hotel rates.  But we'll have to wait and see what happens.  Bad for our economy, but good for travelers looking for a deal!  Let me know if you need any help! 

razor,

This sounds like you are off to a great vacation. Keep the pictures and information coming!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

razor:

Thanks for this report. I traveled thru PHX airport and stayed at a different Marriott property. Big mistake. I'm glad to know there's another I can have a good stay at.

Are you heading out through Phoenix or heading back home?

Tef, we stayed at the Residence Inn the night before we flew home. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...