1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 11:37 AM by NathalieF RSS

Website Login Redirection on Chrome Browser v23

greenit Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello all,

I have found a rather annoying login issue with both the Marriott website and most recently with rewards-insiders.marriott.com.

Here is how you repeat the issue.

1) Use Chrome browser (it will automatically update you to the newest version) v23

2) Login to www.marriott.com saving your credentials

3) Wait an hour or so until your session times out.  (you can check this by opening the Marriott website again.. it will prompt you for your password)

Issues

1) If you are using a direct link to a sub (non main page) on the Marriott website, it will prompt you for a password.  Upon successful login you are redirected to the home main page.  NOT the page you were linking to.

2) If you are on the Rewards Insider page.  And click to login.  You are redirected to this page:

https://www.marriott.com/SSOServlet?resume=/idp/my0DC/resumeSAML20/idp/SSO.ping&spentity=http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com

This page remains white and does not change.

You can resolve this issue by logging into marriott.com logging in and then back to Marriott rewards insider >> back button >> forward button.

This is highly annoying.

A resolution could be achieved for the marriott.com website by capturing the click through link on the account sign in page.  Then upon successful log on... redirecting to the click through instead of the marriott.com home page.

Rewards insider resolution will be the same as the one above.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Website Login Redirection on Chrome Browser v23
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
    Currently Being Moderated

wow- thanks for the thorough detail and explanation. I'll make sure to look into this.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...