4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2012 5:11 PM by sacerdos15 RSS

Why cannot Marriott Delray Beach be more informative

sacerdos15 Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have been going to Florida every winter or early spring for about 25 years staying mostly at marriott.For the last two years I have stayed at the Delray Beach Marriott and have reserved another 13 days this coming april.I heard by way of tripadvisor that there is construction going on.On tripadvisor some have complained about this others have not.I posted an inquiry on the Delray Beach forum and did not receive much information.I called the hotel but the pleasant person who answered was not much more helpful except for saying she could not specify when it would be completed.I can find no e-mail address for the hotel and I do not want to take the expense nor trouble the desk for answers to my questions. I found online when I googled "construction on Delray Marriott" a picture of the construction which concerned me.There is absolutely no mention of it on the website even though it might concern a few prospective guests who are concerned about noise,dust,and general inconvenience.On the other hand it might help if the guest could see what was going on and possibly book one of the new rooms.But they act as if they are hiding something especially since there is no e-mail to ask questions.As of now I might cancel my reservations if I cannot determine the status of the new work.We should have some transparency.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Delray Beach, Florida, USA
  • Re: Why cannot Marriott Delray Beach be more informative
    lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I would call up and speak to the Manager.  I might be staying there later in te year as well.  you could also obtain the Delray Township phone number and ask for the appropraite department phone number an inquire that way (more work, but you will get a reply)>

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

delraybeachmarriott Member 3 Reviews

I apologize for the difficulty you have experienced while trying to get the information you desire and appreciate you taking the time to post your inquiry.

The Delray Beach Marriott is currently undergoing expansion and is proud to be in the process of offering one, two and three bedroom luxury villas. The expansion is taking place outside of the south tower, near the corner of Atlantic Ave and A1A with an anticipated completion date of March 2013. The villas will be part of the hotel room inventory and are not part of any time share accommodations.

We expect to have a fully revised rendering of the project by December 1st and look forward to sharing the excitment with loyal Marriott guests such as yourself.

If you have any further questions or inquiries please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards,

Shaun Vincenti

Assistant General Manager

Delray Beach Marriott

I truly appreciate the hotel's response.My only concern is that the expansion might impact on the area where the adult pool now is.This area is very quiet and out of the way which makes it appealing to those who prefer it the other pool.I must say as one who has frequented this quiet pool it is also very ignored by the cleaning staff and the towel replacement attendant.Last year I had to go  to the front desk to alert them to the fact that there were no towels.This was a daily occurance.However,I do hope that it is not part of the "improvements".I am going again to delray in april and I cannot wait.

I received an informative answer to my question from the assistant manager of the Delray property about the expanstion and the answer is disturbing ,The mamger said that the enlargement is ahead of schedule but it is what the expansion involves that concerns me .Both of my fears are true.Despite all the expension on the south wing there will be no change in the restaurant.The restaurant is not one which draws people as are the others on atlantic ave.In fact dinner is served in the lounge rather than in the rstaurant which would allow for out side seating.How unlike the Hollywood marriott whose restaurant -Latitudes-is w destination in itself and allows outside dining. I have eaten at the hotel restaurant and found the foot though edible less than memorablecompared with the Hollywood hotel.Surprisingly although this may be unknown to the people who run the hotel it is not to those who work there.Last year I asked one of the hosts/hostesses there in the lounge why they do not have the dinner served in the restaurant instead of their lounge.And he/she agreed and told me many people think thesame way.The person then reccomended several restaurants to me emphasizing that most people instead of eating dinner at the hotel prefer to eat at Bostons.It was only later I found out that the man who owns Bostons also owns the hotel! But an even greater disappointment was to hear that the adults only pool ,the "quiet pool" was going.There would be a pool there but it would only be for the people the stay in the new villas which are being constructed.This pool reserved for the use of the villa tenants would be adults only.My question is how are you going to keep non-adults out unless you do not rent the villas to families. I havebeen going there for a couple years and I usually use the adult pool because on the beach they (the city)charges an unrealistic amount to rent chairs.I did not go around taking a survey,but last year over 14 days I gathered from people using the pool it was a main reason they come to this hotel.The other pool is nice,better maintained and nearer the food  but sometimes you want quiet.I think a fair gesture woukd be for the hotel to pay the exorbitant fee which the city -not the hotel-charges if they are goning to restrict access to the pool to villa tenants.This would be a nice benefit for gold and platimun members instead of simply villa owners.I know I would appreciate it.How are they going to keep non-villa occupants out ?They are having trouble with a two teared beach set-up at    t he aruba marriott .I would move that the private pools wherever be retricted to elite member.Otherwise villa occupants possess a key privelige  that would be denied elite members.I had better stop writing this because the more I write the angrier I get.I will see next year how things go.But next year may be my final year at the delray marriott.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...