3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2012 7:48 PM by tker RSS

Surprise Surprise - MVCI Points Program Fee's

playah Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

After getting the hard sell to covert my week over to the new points program earlier this year I did.

They kept highlighting how great this would be for me. "Only $595 to enroll WOW great deal! You can buy more points at a big discount! Your Interval membership is now included. Blah Blah Blah..."

Having not even used the new system yet I am founding out the hard way just what is going on here.

I get my yearly dreaded maintenance bill with a new line item which explains the real story here:

Club Dues

Property                              Total Amount      Amount to Pay                     

Exchange Program Dues      $175.00

It is very discouraging  to see Marriott constantly sticking owners who have supported them for many years. Lesson learned here.... Don't bother hassling me when I check-in or calling my room asking me to come for a free bottle of wine and a stupid sales pitch.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Surprise Surprise - MVCI Points Program Fee's
    martimax Gold 1 Reviews

and guess what...that membership fee goes up just like your maintence fees. We joined in 2010 and were told yearly fee wouild be $165. Got our 2013 bill for $175.That of course is on top of the $595 buy-in cost.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

We sat in on the hard sell a few years back. They are experts at helping you to see the wonderful things that MVCI has to offer. We almost bit. What saved us was when we mentioned that it sounds good, but we'll sleep on it and let them know the next day. Our sales guy went from Mr. Enthusiasm to Mr. Depressed. He muttered under his breath that "when people say they're going to sleep on it, no one ever calls back". I found that telling. In essence he was saying, once you have a chance to really think this over, you're not going to like it.

I know there are many folks that purchased into the program and are pretty happy over all, but the more I hear about devalued points, and skyrocketing fees, I'm glad we passed.

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

We kicked around the idea for a long time of enrolling our weeks. Ultimately, we didn't. Using Aruba Surf Club and Phuket as weeks through Marriott and II have worked out great. I didn't like the point value they were giving us for Aruba. (Phuket is in the Asia Pacific Club.)

We are staying old school.

Plenty of people on TUG. (Timeshare Users Group) Message Board debate merits of both systems.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...