5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 9:29 AM by genevaflyer RSS

Best way to acknowledge an employee

travelprincess Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My husband has terminal cancer. Off and on we have been staying at the Marriott medical center in Houston. The front desk manager Michael and the restaurant manager Teddy have gone out of there way to make my stay wonderful. Yesterday Teddy saw me upset and bought me a cup of coffee. This little act of kindness made my day.

I would like to recognize them how should I go about doing this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Houston, Texas, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Houston Marriott Medical Center
  • Re: Best way to acknowledge an employee
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

travelprincess,

That is very kind of you to write a note like this at such a difficult time!

Our prayers and hopes go out to your husband as well as your family!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Our thoughts are absolutely with you and your family. I've moved your post to the Spirit to Serve section so it can serve as a nomination for Michael.

artisttraveler Gold 17 Reviews

Our thoughts are with you as well. We have a friend who's being treated for cancer and the staff at Marriott NY East Side has been wonderful to him. I have conversed with the General Manager to acknowledge his staff. One of the staff has received the "Spirit to Serve" award based on my comments. But, in general, when we receive special treatment, we make it a point to get the Gen Mgrs name and email, write, or tel. to  acknowledge the special care or help. They have all told us they use the email or letter in a staff meeting to thank and acknowledge the staff member.

genevaflyer Platinum 1 Reviews

I concur with artisttraveler. You can call the Marriott Rewards line to get the email of the general manager of the hotel. Alternatively, you can write to the General Manager by postal mail and just use the hotel address. I've done the email route in the past, and it was acknowledged, and included in the employee's file.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

GenevaFlyer

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...