5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 9:58 AM by iestrikesback RSS

Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We just completed an outstanding 3-night stay at this Category 5 resort hotel (without the resort fee!).  This hotel is located about 10 minutes from Sky Harbor Airport.  Our check-in was pleasant and quick.  The desk agent had recently spent some time in south Louisiana and we had a pleasant conversation about the area.  We were given vouchers for the breakfast buffet (totally unexpected since it is a resort, but really appreciated). He made sure we had a map of the resort and walked us out to the car to point out the direction we needed to go to park. Our room was quite large and attractive.  The bathroom area included a vanity area with a stool, a closet with a safe and a robe, and the sink with plenty of counter space.  The toilet and walk-in shower were in a separate room.  The Aromatherapy Associates toiletries were very nice and replenished each day.  The senior rate was very reasonable.

The breakfast buffet had a wide variety of choices including made to order omelettes and waffles.  The fresh squeezed orange juice was delicious.  The dining room doors were open on our last 2 mornings and if I hadn't been looking at cacti, I would have thought I was in Hawaii because the temperature was so pleasant.  We enjoyed specially priced appetizers on the patio of the Top of the Rock Restaurant one evening.  The night view of Phoenix was beautiful.  Flavored water (lemon, orange, strawberry, cucumber, etc.) was available during the day in the main lobby and the downstairs lobby of the building where most of the rooms are located.  Coffee was available in the morning.

The pool area was gorgeous.  Four hot tubs are built into the side of the butte.  Lots of guests were enjoying the chaise lounges around the pool and the hot tubs, but we didn't see too many people swimming.  The fitness center was equipped with lots of machines which looked to be in great shape.  If you like baseball, the A's spring training facility is within walking distance.

We checked out using a gift card and had no problems.  When I mentioned that we were unable to get ESPN2 on the large flat screen TV and had noticed an unpleasant smell when we entered the room after the AC had been off for a while, we were offered a beverage or snack "for our trouble".  We had just eaten breakfast so declined the offer.  About an hour later, I got a voice mail telling me that since we did not want a beverage or snack, they were adding a substantial number of points to my account "for our trouble". 

We highly recommend this property and look forward to a return visit.

In my blog, I'll be writing about our visit to the Desert Botanical Garden and our drive to Tortilla Flat.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Tempe, Arizona, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes
  • Re: Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Razorbackfan,

Nice review.  I appreciate you talking the time to do so.  I loved the "for our trouble" commentary.  What a great staff there.  Glad you had an enjoyable stay.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

Razorbackfan,

Thank you for taking the time to create this post.  I am considering a visit to the Phoenix area in the fall of 2013 and the information that you provided is appreciated and useful.  From your description the Phoenix Marriott Tempe at the Buttes is a property that I will definitely consider.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

gm, and razor,

The "Welcome mat" is waiting for you!

This is a nice property, and try and review Nuhusker's experience, it sounded pretty good!

IMG_1829.JPG

Met him there and he said it was most enjoyable!

IMG_1830.JPG

The setting is lovely!

IMG_1831.JPG

The tequila lounge is a great place to relax!

IMG_1832.jpg

"Old Glory" makes for some wonderful scenery!

IMG_1833.JPG

Majestic swimming pool among the wonderful rooms!

Enjoy!  When you are arriving watch the signs, I missed them and this place is more "Remote" than what I thought! 

Have a great experience!

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

razorbackfan,

Thanks for sharing!  I stayed there back in Fall 2008 and also had a really nice stay.  It's good to hear the resort is maintaining it's high standards.

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

Thanks for the report, Razor!  I've stayed here for a quick 1-night business trip, and loved it as well!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...