6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2012 7:31 AM by ericinva RSS

What are the extra benefits available to Lifetime/Platinum members?

jtframe Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

What benefits are available to platinum members in addition to preferred bookings and upgrades to rooms and use of concierge lounge?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What are the extra benefits available to Lifetime/Platinum members?
    dejamo Platinum

Good luck with any of the "extra benefits" besides extra points.

Depends on where you stay,    what chain you are at,   what kind of training the robot behind the desk has had,   whether or not it is independently owned..etc...etc.................etc.............

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

genevaflyer Platinum 1 Reviews

You do get the extra bonus points (50% as compared to 25% for Gold), and the welcome gift (points or amenity).

Of course, just like Golds, there is the free Internet.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

mrrich Platinum

If you're looking for just Platinum benefits - https://www.marriott.com/rewards/member-benefits/platinum.mi

Lifetime only gets you the benefit of not needing to re-quality - all of the befits of lifetime X level are the same as X level.

Platinum Benefits

Elite Reservation Line

Exclusive Guest Services Line

Ultimate Reservation Guarantee

Exclusive Elite Offers

48-Hour Guaranteed Availability

50% Bonus on Marriott Rewards Points

Priority Late Checkout

Marriott Gift Shop Discount

Weekend Discount

Free Internet Access

Guaranteed Room Type

Free Local Phone

Free Local Fax

Discounted Long Distance Phone Calls

Hertz® #1 Gold Membership

Guaranteed Platinum Arrival Gift

Elite-Only Rewards

Customized Rewards

sonotraveler Platinum

10% discount at some properties for "gift shop" purchases. Whoopie.

Most of the time you get nothing extra. No upgrades, no recognition.....most of the time they don't even address the requests which are part of your profile. And, personally, I find it embarrassing to ask for those things which should have already been addressed. I find it demeaning.

Sorry, guess I'm just jaded

riki53 Gold

I find that being a Platinum elite offers you nothing more than what you mentioned.  And you are correct.  Many times, we check in, and they don't even address the fact that we are Platinum Elite Members.  Not that I expect the heavens to part, and the angels to sing, but one truly doesn't get many perks for Platinum.  I, too, am disappointed in this tier.  In fact, there are a few places that do not even give you your entire 500 point bonus.  One place we stayed at actually had us choose from a bucket, and whatever amount you picked, that was the amount of bonus points you received.  I was a bit miffed, since we should get 500 bonus points no matter what, but they stated..."this is what we do here"!!!!

ericinva Platinum 1 Reviews

I've been a Marriott Platinum member for about 13 years and there was a time when I nearly ALWAYS got upgraded to a suite. I once even had the Presidential Suite at the Wardman Park Marriott in Washington, DC. Not any more. I'm guessing it's been at least 3 years since the last time I got a suite upgrade. Even the 48-hour "guarantee" is only a guarantee until it isn't. I once tried booking a room well in advance at the Montgomery, AL Renaissance hotel during an Air Force IT conference. It simply wasn't gonna happen.

At this point I'm waiting for confirmation that I've hit the Platinum For Life thing, at which point I may switch to Hilton or Starwood.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...