2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2012 6:17 PM by johnl RSS

Using Points

khorgan Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I have a reservation at a Marriott property in Cleveland this weekend and I would like to use reward points to pay for the room.  The overall room has a loft with two bedrooms and two baths.  Can I use points at check in?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Using Points
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

khorgan,

You can use points at check-in or during your stay with the "Instant Redemption" program.

Instant Rewards | Marriott Rewards Instant Redemption

Here is a chart of the redemption rate:

Marriott Rewards Instant Redemption

Listing of the Awards required to redeem specific dollar values:

Points RequiredUp to Dollars
    2,500$ 5
    9,000$20
    20,000$50
    35,000$100
    59,000$200
    100,000$500
    190,000$1000

Personally I would change your existing reservation to points as the redemption ratio is not very good in this program.  Your points would also go further by ordering Marriott Gift Cards or Cheques.  Example you can order a $200 Marriott Gift Card for 44,000 points and in Instant Redemption you would have to use 59,000 points to get $200.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Using Points
    johnl Marriott Associate Gold

Hi khorgan,

I apologize for not getting to your response before your stay.  In the future I would advise contacting reservations to switch your room over to "redemption".  If the room type is not available using points, I would suggest using gift cards like vaboywndr has suggested.

Thanks,

JohnL

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...