6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 5:02 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Chicago Marriott Downtown Mag Mile

vagabond12 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

anyone stayed here recently? My daughter is planning to escape in-laws and spend 1 night at Thanksgiving prior to returning to Orlando (via WVA so the kids can play in the snow...we hope)  any suggestions whether to self park or valet?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chicago, IL, USA
Chicago, Illinois, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Chicago, Illinois, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Chicago, Illinois, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
  • Re: Chicago Marriott Downtown Mag Mile
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

vagabond,

She will have a great time!

I would self-park, as it is right across the street on the corner, and you can get to your car when you want, anytime you want.  I like to keep a "Cooler" in my trunk and it is easy to get to anytime that way. 

Have done the Valet Parking, but it tends to get really slow in bad weather!  The hotel is busy, but the location is wonderful!  Good luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vagabond12 Platinum

jerry,

thanks!  having never been to this property I wasn't sure how far the self park was...I've been to some properties were they say around the corner and that means quite a bit around the corner.

she's looking forward a *relaxing* time shopping...lol...

vagabond,

It is on the corner, just across the street to the North.  It is a large covered garage.  All the parking is expensive, but self park is less than Valet.  Go to the hotels site and see exactly how much the parking charges actually are.

She can walk to shop and has so much to do near by.  If she can, she may want to go to The 95 th floor of The John Hancock Building, if she has not been.  She can have a refreshment or meal, it is very special!

IMG_0937.JPG

Quite a view of The Navy Pier from 95th Floor, and the prices are reasonable, and the food is very good!

vagabond12 Platinum

great picture! lovely ladies!!  I'll pass the information on...if they allow children there I'm sure that will be a stop!  Right now she just asked me to make a reservation but didn't know anything other than shopping to do...I'm sure the grandkids would love the 95th Floor!  I've seen the Chicago skyline from the camera of a SAS flight as we took off and it was awesome so I'm sure this will be a hit!

there's a deal for self park for an extra $10....seems reasonable considering how much valet is but we wanted to be cautious regarding the distance for the parking....

I appreciate the tips!

vagabond,

They do allow kids, and they will love the elevator ride and view!

She can also take the kids on the free "Trolly" around Chicago, or the sightseeing boat just down the street from The Marriott.  By the way, there is a great Italian place that is very reasonable, just outside the door of the hotel to the left, on the corner.  The parking garage is out the door on the right!

chicago1.jpg

If it's not too cold, the kids would love this!  At The Chicago river near the Marriott!

IMG_0400.JPG

Tell her to take the kids for Ice Cream at Ghiradelli's just behind WaterTower place!  They won't forget it!

IMG_1133.JPG

The view from a nice room at the Marriott is stunning!  Lake Michigan is beautiful!  Hope she gets a Lake View room!

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Great pictures!

Thanx for sharing!

Location Brand Hotel
    Chicago, Illinois, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
    Chicago, Illinois, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
    Chicago, Illinois, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile