4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2012 3:11 PM by jerrycoin RSS

48 hour guarantee not really a guarantee?

vmad Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've been a Platinum member for 3 years and have run into this situation for the first time. Trying to make reservations for a few days in early December at the Santa Clara Marriott. Unable to do so on either the website or the ELite reservations phone line. The explanation provided is that the guarantee is at the discretion of the property. I havent seen this fine print anywhere and was curious if others have run into this issue and suggested course of action?

thanks

vmad

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 48 hour guarantee not really a guarantee?
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

vmad:

Give the reservation process another shot, but try this:

Log in and enter your city for stay and check 'my dates are flexible' I put the number of nights at 1. I put my check in day as December 1, It gave me the entire December calendar and the price for each night (at the Santa Clara Marriott in California...hope it's the right one).

Now, when I did this BEFORE logging in it showed me 'no availabilty for check in' on December 3. That was the only day. But, then I logged in and did it again. It showed me availability and pricing for every day including December 3.

Give it a shot and try to book in that manner.

Good luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vmad Platinum 8 Reviews

thank you. i went back in, did that and made the reservation for 4 nights. i might change that later, but am locked in now. Still wondering about the 48 hour guarantee though

vmad

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Glad you got the reservation!

I've never used the 48 hr guarantee so can't really help out with that one as to whether it works or not.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

vmad,

Did you call "The Hot line"?

A couple of things:

Expect maximum retes when you do the 48 hour guarantee.

Sometimes if you change your dates of stay, you can even wind up paying more than originally thought.

Good luck hope it all goes well!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...