1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 5, 2012 3:13 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Extending status through "thank you" offer?

luxinsider Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As every year, some members have received "thank you" offers that help them extending platinum status by staying 20 nights between October 1 and December 31. Is there any logic as to how you get this offer? Any chance of asking the Marriott Rewards team to get this offer as well?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Extending status through "thank you" offer?
    GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

I think its called the, "Platinum Challenge", and you get it when you are close to making Platinum, but didn't quite get there, and are given a grace period to earn additoinal nites.  I don't know if its the exact delta difference, or just a reasonable amount.

I have no further information on it, other than I received a couple myself when I stopped traveling as frequently.  Often I was between levels, not clearly close to either, so was more than likely given the opportunity to gain the next level rather than being set back tot he last level.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...