6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 5:44 PM by artisttraveler RSS

Carry over nights

ainsle Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

So, last year in 2011  I had 62 nights.  Marriott Rewards rolled over 12 so that was my base in 2012.   Now I'm at 73 nights and can easily get to 75, but I wonder if they will give me platinum and roll over 25 nights (above the 50 to be gold) or if I just become platinum and nothing rolls over?  I see very little extra value between gold and platinum and would likely choose to hold my nights below 75 if I'll get that big rollover by staying at Gold.

Any insights?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Carry over nights
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

rollovers don't roll over twice so if your 73 nights includes the 12 and you don't hit 75 then they likely will only roll over 11

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

To me there is a difference between Platinum and Gold.  We get the platinum gift, a 50% bonus on points earned which could add up and I would assume that we would get priority if any upgrades are given.  You sound like to travel a fair amount and is that 11 nt rollover going to make that much of a difference?

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

I agree with californian.  I would get yourself up to Plat.  I am close to Plat as well and intend to reach that level before year end rather than rolling over points. 

bigmrm Platinum

My guess: if you leave yourself at 73 nights you will be upgraded to Platinum anyhow. Then you will receive whatever nights you have earned in excess of Platinum as rollover -- in other words, for you, zero. (And true, even if you stay at 73 and somehow you are not awarded Platinum (unlikely, in my opinion) the 12 already rolled over from 2011 won't count again so only 11 will roll over.)

genevaflyer Platinum 1 Reviews

Don't forget the fact that Marriott does soft landings. Thus, if you get Platinum for next year, you would only drop to Gold if you don't meet the renewal criteria.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

artisttraveler Gold 17 Reviews

My understanding: If you reach 75 you will be Platinum with no rollovers. If you stay at 73, you will be Gold with 11 rollovers - the 2011 rollover nights do not carry forward.  A BIG benefit of being Platinum is the extra 25% bonus.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...