0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2012 11:58 AM by NathalieF RSS

Take a Trip to Budapest and Stay at the Marriott

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
Currently Being Moderated

Originally contributed by jasper100 on July 29, 2012

When my wife and I were in Budapest, we stayed at the Marriott Hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel as it is in a perfect location and the views are incredible. We were upgraded to a corner one bedroom suite with with incredible views of Budapest and the Danube River as you can see from the link below.

For more information on the Budapest Marriott, see link below:

Budapest Hotels | Budapest Marriott Hotel | Hotels in Budapest

My wife and I also visited the Budapest Hotel Boscolo - Autograph Collection and had lunch at the restaurant there. We would highly recommend going there for lunch when visiting Budapest. For more information on this hotel - see link below.

While the Boscolo looked like an incredible place to stay, we felt the the Budapest Marriott was a better location to be at.

Budapest hotel Boscolo located on Grand Boulevard, near Budapest Opera house

Video of Boscolo Budapest Autograph Collection. We did not stay at the Boscolo so I cannot comment on them..I was not crazy about the location as the Budapest Marriott was, in my opinion, a much better location. However, I did have Brunch at the Boscolo and would highly recommend that to anyone!!!

Budapest - June 2012 - Boscolo Budapest - Autograph Collection #2 - YouTube

Budapest - June 2012 - Boscolo Budapest Autograph Collection #3 - YouTube

Take a Trip to Budapest and visit the Buda Hills!!!

During our trip to Budapest, my wife and I visited the Buda Hills and recorded our visit below:

Buda Hills may be short on sights - Though Bela "Barok's house, where he spent his final year in Hungary, opens to the public - but the Buda Hills are a very welcome respite from the hot, dusty city in summer. Perhaps their biggest draws are their unusual forms of transport: a narro-gauge cog railway dating from the late 19th century will get you up into the hills, a train run by children takes you across them and a chairlift will get you back down to terra firms, as you will see in the videos below.

Budapest - June 2012 - Buda Hills #1 - YouTube

Budapest - June 2012 - Buda Hills #2 - YouTube

Budapest - June 2012 - Buda Hills #3 - YouTube

Budapest - June 2012 - Buda Hills #4 - YouTube

Budapest - June 2012 - Buda Hills #5 - YouTube

Budapest - June 2012 - Buda Hills #6 - YouTube

Budapest - June 2012 - Buda Hills #7 - YouTube

Budapest - June 2012 - Buda Hills #8 - YouTube

Budapest - June 2012 - Buda Hills #9 - YouTube

Budapest - June 2012 - Buda Hills #10 - YouTube

Budapest - June 2012 - Buda Hills #11 - YouTube

Budapest - June 2012 - Buda Hills #12 - YouTube

Budapest - June 2012 - Buda Hills #13 - YouTube

Budapest - June 2012 - Buda Hills #14 - YouTube

Budapest - June 2012 - Buda Hills #15 - YouTube

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Budapest, Hungary Marriott Hotels & Resorts Budapest Marriott Hotel
Budapest, Hungary Autograph Collection Boscolo Budapest, Autograph Collection