42 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 9:58 AM by las1953 RSS

Paris : Champs Élysées & Vendome

shelley Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

HI - I'm a newbie to this site. Cananyone tell me if either restaurant includes breakfast when using points. We are Plantinum - not sure if that matters . Also what is the best (easiest and affordable) way to get to the hotel from the airport? Thanks - appreciate any info you can provide!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Champs-Elysees, Paris, France
Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
  • Re: Paris : Champs Élysées & Vendome
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Shelley,

Welcome!

We all hope to hear from you often and please ask all the questions you can.  Many of us will be glad to provide you with information that will make your trip enjoyable and also help save you money!

You will be pleased that both places will give you vouchers for a wonderful free breakfasts.  That will save you $100 each day, (For two), and you will enjoy it greatly.  If you do not see what you want on the menu, just ask, they will make it for you!  Especially, the "Eggs Benedict" at The Marriott C-E!

Go to previous posts, review, and let us know your questions!  Bon Voyage.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shelley Platinum 60 Reviews

Jerry  - thanks so much for the warm welcome and the info.

How about transport from airport to hotel? Any recommendations?

We are looking for some advise . My husband's got lots of points. Enough to stay at either C-E or Vendome. C-E will be cover fully be points but Vendome is an addl $60/ night ( guess they are sold out???).  What's your advise? Is the C-E ok or should we bite the bullet and pay the added cost and stay at Vendome.

We were ok w C-E til we learned its really busy crowded area, etc....

Shelley,

Glad to have you "On Board", and I hope your husband and you can have a wonderful time!  This sounds like your first trip to Paris, and if it is not let me know!

Having stayed at most Marriott properties in Paris, take the C-E!  No place like it!  Don't pay for any upgrade either.  When you get there, look at the room first prior to taking your luggage to the room.  If you like it have the luggage taken up.  If you don't like it, request another room, or offer to pay for an upgrade then, but you should not have to, the rooms a very nice.  Here's a typical room at C-E,IMG_0521.JPG

If you get a king, you will have more room!

IMG_0535.JPG

These Eggs Benedict, will start your day out in "Grand Style"!  There is a buffet that is also beautiful as well!  You will not leave hungry!

IMG_0520.JPG

You will probably get a room facing this peaceful courtyard, that is the dining room under the white canopies!

IMG_0578.JPG

The cheapest way to get to the C-E is by RER, then Metro.  If you don't feel adventuresome, take a taxi at about $75 one way.  If you want limo, that can be arranged.  A lot depends on how much luggage you have and what your budget is.  Having done all of these, let me know, and I will make it real simple for you.  The RER (Train) starts at CDG, so it is real easy, and you should buy a pass good for the length of time you will be there at CDG.  This will cover you for all your transportation on The Metro/RER and public buses while in Paris.  A great deal!

Shelly, what month are you going?

HI - thanks so much. Yes this is our first time to Paris. I will be arriving solo from the US. My husband is coming from about 10 hrs after me from a business trip in Poland. I will only have 1 bag. I don't have a budget in mind per se but $75 seems steep. How far is it?

shelley,

Are you going to wait for him at the airport or be adventuresome and take the RER?  You really could pass even 10 hours at CDG, and get your rail passes, shop and relax, and go into Paris together.  You are safe at the Airport.  The train will be an easy experience if you take it, there is only one and it leaves every few minutes.

Shelley, with only one bag, I would be inclined to go directly to your hotel, get the room you want, even take a "Cat Nap", and go back and meet your husband.  It is that easy.  I think a four day rail/Metro Pass cost me about $45, but you can go online and see exactly how mush it is!  There is only one connection and you will have a choice to take the RER all the way or RER part of the way and the Metro the rest of the way.  You should try to get out at The Arch d' Triomph, and walk down the C-E, East side of street till you get to the Sephora Store, and you will see the Marriott with it's flags welcoming you!

IMG_0511.JPG

Brother Ken and wife enjoyed the RER from CDG to The Marriott C-E!

IMG_0546.JPG

When you see this, you are there!  This is really a wonderful place for the two of you to see Paris from.  Don't worry about the potential crowd, when you go in these doors you will have a "Respite" and wonderful location to see everything you want in Paris!

THanks Jerry. No I had not planned on waiting for my husband at the airport - I plan on meeting him at the hotel. Thanks again for all your help.

We will be the in min November 2012

Shelley,

The weather will be mild, but have alternative plans for rainy vrs. sunny days!

rhoke813 Platinum 2 Reviews

Shelley please let me know which hotel you decide on. I am surprising my hubby with an anniversary trip to London and Paris and am still trying to decide between the two Marriotts that you are deciding between. There are real pluses and minuses to both. Will be really interesting to hear about your trip!

shelley Platinum 2 Reviews

We chose CE because it's completely covered by points. Vendome was our first choice but they had no availability.

Thanks for the scoop Shelley and I look forward to your posting on your experience with photos! I have reservations at both at the moment and am waiting to decide. I like the vibe of the Vendome better but the rooms are larger at CE. Also I am platinum as well so let me know if you get an upgrade.

HI

HI Rhoke - will let you know if we get upgraded:)

Shelley are you back from Paris yet? Very interested in which property you chose and whether or not you were upgraded. I'm giving hubby the surprise anniversary gift tomorrow so we will decide together on the hotel but I'm really leaning towards the Vendome. Thanks!

Hi - yes we are back.  Yes, we did get upgraded but only after one incredibly miserable night of having a room that faced an alley and there were 4 nightclubs (the hotel staff shared that tidbit w me)  in the immediate area - the noise was absoultely unbelievable.  It was like being at a Mardi Gras after party - screaming, cars screaching, sirens, etc...I called the front desk at 3a - very nicely explained the problem - they agreed that room had a terrible problem w noise from  the nightclubs.  Around 430am, I had to repack 2 suitcases of stuff and they moved me to another room finally.  My husband was not yet in Paris - he was still in Poland. We were all nice about it - but I must say, i was a little surprised they gave us that room to begin with - I'm usually very tolerant - but the noise was beyond reasonable. 

Shelley, thank you so much for the great info. I have read that about the C-E on trip advisor and many other places that I have made the decision to stay at Vendome. Did you venture out to Vendome at all or walk around that area?

las1953 Gold

hi Jerry,

we are newbies and recently posted several questions about our first visit to Paris this July

heard you are the authority and appreciate your guidance. Here is our very FIRST post:

As of now planning on staying at marriott champs élysées on points for eight nights.

also plan on excursions to  Normandy, Givenchy, Versailles.  We would appreciate comments and recommendations

on following:

1)  Is this a good choice for hotel for location, accommodations?

2) is breakfast included, and if not, where can one get reasonably priced breakfast or is their upgrade charge at hotel?

3) what excursion companies do you recommend for above sites?

4) Do we have enough days to enjoy sights of Paris and excursion sights?

5) Any restaurant recommendations and do we need advance reservations?

Appreciate your guidance

LAS

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Hi shelley:

When I visit Paris I always take the Air France bus from CDG or Orly to the Arc De Triomphe. The bus entry is just outside the terminal (just like here in the US at airports). Line 2 is the bus line that goes to where you want to be (near the Marriott C-E if that is where you stay). It is an wasy walk to the Marriott C-E from the drop off at the Arc de Triomphe (next to the Arc just off the circle) and I like the comfort of the Air France coach better then the train that can be crowded. A one way or round trip ticket can be bought.

You can see some info here:

http://www.experienceloire.com/les%20cars.htm

Have a fun trip!

shelley Platinum 8 Reviews

THanks so much . We really appreciate this tip and we will definitely be using it

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Shelley,

Tef's advice is good, I had forgotten about that.  The Air France bus isn't good for many Paris Marriott locations, but it's perfect for the C-E.  The bus is right outside the baggage claim, you can purchase your ticket from the driver, it is much more comfortable, and it does drop you off at the l'Arc de Triomphe.  Then you just head downhill on the C-E sidwalk (going away from the Arc on the C-E, left side of street) to the Marriott (about 50 yds past avenue George V).  www.lescarsairfrance.com/en.html

Have fun in Paris!

Great advice Tef6178!

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Location Brand Hotel
    Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
    Paris, France Marriott Hotels & Resorts Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center
    Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel
    Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel
    Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
    tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Thanks for all of this. We are staying at the CE May 5-11 on our first trip to Paris.

tker,

If you stay over another week, we would enjoy having you join a few of us in London!  This will be one of our stops in The World Tour Event, visiting other MRI all the way!

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Jerry: not sure we can add the week, but what are the details? I will discuss with my wife. Thanks!

tker,

It is still in the planning stages and it is not a big deal yet, but.  A few MRI are planning on getting together one night to relax, visit, and probably have dinner at the Marriott County Hall in London.  It will be mid-week, probably Wed, May 15th.  Everyone will be on their own, just a great chance for MRI to meet others and it should be fun!

If you don't make this one, we'll have others!

Have a great time in Paris!

richard37075 Platinum

My wife and I will be in Paris for our first trip also during part of the time that you are there.  We are starting in London, but will be in Paris May 9-14.  We are staying at the Renaissance Arc de Triomphe.  We haven't decided on transportation yet either, too many choices.  This board is definitely a fantastic way to get advise.

Safe travels.

That Renaissance is very highly rated too. Looks like we are there the same time! We also start out in London! We will be at Renaissance St Pancras from March 5-8. Staying with friends in Birmingham for a few days before hitting London. We leave Paris on the 10th for home. Just 2 quick days there.

Well after all that I sprung the surprise on hubby last night and he looked at both hotels and chose the C-E so that's where we are headed. Jerrycoin thanks again for all of your help!

rhoke813,

Thanks for keeping us all up to date on your plans, and I appreciate your comment.

One thing to keep in mind is "See that room first"!  Before taking your luggage to it.  I have never had a bad room at The C-E, but there was a recent post about a "Loud room" next to some night clubs.  It must have been on the backside of the hotel, because I have never heard any noise, but I have mostly been on the Courtyard at the C-E.

Should your husband or you have any specific questions, let us know, we would be glad to share information with you that might save you money and time!

THanks for the scoop Jerry! We decided to pony up for the C-E view. How are those rooms on noise? We are only there for 2 nights and didn't want to play the "hoping for an upgrade" game. Maybe we will get an upgrade to a Jr suite who knows. I need to go back and find your email on dining there as well. Thx again.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Holland & Paris 022.jpg

My wife and I have stayed at Marriott you mentioned - great location - walk out the door and just to your right is the Arc 'd Triomphe, as shown, and you're walking distance to Eiffel Tower along the River Seine. We stayed on Award Points and with Platinum status received complimentary breakfast for both of us. If you're arriving via train, there is exit very near the hotel and you can obtain directions at train station as to which line to take. We departed Paris - Charles de Gaul Airport - and took taxi out due to time, and stayed at Marriott near airport since we had early morning flight back to US.

Fred Schumpert

fschumpert@yahoo.com

Great photos and scoop thank you! We booked a Champs Elysees view room. Anyone have a room recommendation for low noise so I can email concierge and request location? Thanks so much!

rhoke813,

Just get a room on the "Courtyard", you will hear nothing!

fschumpert,

Great report!

Don't you think this is a very special place to go on your first trip to Paris?

It is like a "Movie set" and so relaxing!

Fred,

Wonderful picture on a beautiful day!

Great report and glad you had a memorable time!

If you have more photo's we would love to see them!

Holland & Paris 029.jpg

Walking along the River Seine toward the Eiffel Tower, I noticed this building with its "external garden" so I took a photograph. I have enough trouble getting plants to grow in soil in the yard or a pot! Walking Paris is somewhat taxing, especially if you want to cover the city - I believe the Metro is the best way to get around to distant attractions, depending on where you stay. Another strategic location, I believe, is the Marriott Renaissance Le Parc Tocadero, which is near the Tower.

Fred

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

More Paris Threads:

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/photoAlbums/1101          La Défense, Paris, France

paris rive gauche

Paris Rive Gauche

Paris Champs Elysees

Marriott Champs-Elysees Paris

Marriott Paris Champs-Elysees

The BEST place in Paris! (CE)

Paris Marriott C-E...virtual concierge???

Room for 4 at CE

Transportation from Airport to C-E

Renaissance Arc de Triomphe - Paris

Courtyard Marriiott Nueilly-Sur Seine

Renaissance Place Vendome

Paris Vendome

SusanL (Renaissance Vendome)

Thanks & CDG to Renaissance Le Parc Trocadero  (Renaissance Le Parc Trocadero)

Paris! "Never better!"   (Arc d'Triomphe trip report)

Surprise (discussion on Paris sights & hotels)

Paris Marriott C-E vs. Renaissance Paris Vendome

Paris CE or Place Vendome feedback please

First time in Paris in May - Arc de Triomphe or Parc Trocadero or Marriott C-E?First time in Paris in May - Arc de Triomphe or Parc Trocadero or Marriott C-E?

Which Marriott in Paris?

Paris, What Hotel?

Where to stay ?

Paris hotels

Help us choose our Paris hotel!

Paris in April-Marriott/Renaissance

Paris, France late April, early May which of the hotels have Executive Lounge any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you 

What location and hotel would you suggest for Paris.  I will be going in mid September.

list hotels close to downtown Paris

Best Hotel in London & Paris

Hotel and Metro in Paris (hotel airport transporation options)

Summer Travel Story Conclusion (Paris pictures)

Summer Travel Story (Paris Pictures Part 2)

Perks at Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport Marriott and the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel 

Parisian Hospitality!

Complementary breakfast for Platinum members in Paris?

My favorite Paris hotel...

Which Marriott in Paris       

Paris by Train

Paris nightlife

Paris in May ?

Happy Bastille Day- Paris Summer Story!  

Paris with kids

Parisien Dining - Le Marais.  Any suggestions?

Paris to Normandy

Best Hotel in London & ParisParis! "Never better!"

Marriott Paris Champs-Elysees

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

To All

Any idea why we are being innundated with all these Paris-related posts???  most are a few years old..............

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...