3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2012 8:28 AM by johnl RSS

Receive Platinum Status when reservation on a different name

aelias80 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello Marriott world,

I am travelling to Vegas next February but my buddy went ahead and made a reservation at a Marriott Autograph Collection Property (The Cosmopolitan). His card has been charged already. I will be in that room, how can we enjoy My platinum perks? Should we cancel and re-book? or can we change the name?

Help!  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Receive Platinum Status when reservation on a different name
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

aelias,

Did your buddy book through marriott.com?  The reason I ask is if he went through a third party, it may limit your options.

If he used the Marriott website, you can probably call up and have the name changed or add your name. I feel pretty confident that if your name is part of the reservation, they will allow you to add your MR number.  By the way, there are a few threads on here about the Cosmopolitan. I believe they have not just Marriott bennies but a club of their own, also. Do a search and read through some of the other threads. Lots of good info to maximize your stay.   Good Luck.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

artisttraveler Gold 17 Reviews

My wife and I both have a MR#. We're always traveling together and we make the reservations thru Marriott.com. But sometimes we want the other to get the credit so we have the registration changed at check-in to show the name and MR# of the one to get the credit. That has generally worked. If you try to make the change after checkout - really hard to do. Make sure the primary name and MR# are yours - not just as a second guest in the room.

johnl Marriott Associate Gold

Hi aelias80,

I agree with artisttraveler.  In fact, you might want to contact the property prior to arriving to make sure that they have this information.  It will make for a quicker, more seamless check-in process.

Thanks...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...