11 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2016 12:04 PM by ne_traveling_man RSS

More information please

traveller Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Business travellers,

Is anyone else out there bothered by the incomplete information you receive when you are not able to book a room at a Marriott hotel in a particular location? More than once I have tried to book a room at a Marriott hotel and am given choices that are a significant distance away. It appears to me that there is no Marriott (all brands) hotel in the area. So I book into some other brand. After several visits, I come to find out that there is a Marriott in the location; it was simply a problem of the hotel not being available on the specific dates that I had originally requested. So no points, no familiarity, and increasing my travel hassles, all because the web site did not simply tell me there was a hotel in the area; they just weren't available for those particular days. Frustrating and baffling! Why withhold this information? It makes no sense to me.
  • Re: More information please
    bostonbob Platinum
    If you are a Platinum why aren't you getting the Platinum Room Gauranty at the location you desire?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

The Platinum guaranty usually gets a room at a vey high rate!

One way to find all the Marriott properties in an area is to search without specifying dates.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

phctourist

1) Glad you're feeling better, best wishes for another 25 (and Willard Scott to celebrate your centennial)

2) This is a six year old thread - BostonBob is now Philly Paul and lives down by the river (Delaware) in a van

heads up to all - NathalieF  is cleaning out the pipes, we'll be getting lots of oldies but goodies

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Hi erc  -

LMAO...Down by the river in a van.... I can see Chris Farley now in my mind....

Fat man in a little coat....

Thanks, that made my day!!!!

consultant Gold
    Are you using the 800.marriott when you call?  I always ask them for any discounts, and what the closest properties are.  Sometimes if they show full, you can call the property directly and get a room.  You can get the property number online.  Also, sometimes the properties run specials that are not well publicized, but are available... particularly weekend packages.

puttinwedge Gold
    You should be guaranteed availability at a hotel if placed before 48 hours.  When you sign in Marriott under your account, hotels that are otherwised booked will still show up as available.  ie. this weekend I called in Savannah and the lady at hotel said they were booked, however on the website, I had access to make a reservation

moniskibunny Platinum

Dear Frustrated,

I have had the same issue.  I prefer to stay at the marriott brands but, sometimes have to stay at other non-Marriott hotel.  If I'd have known the information I could have stayed at another Marriott brand hotel and received my points and had more peace of mind.

Moniskibunny

gregwtravels Gold

If I am travelling to an area for more than a single time, I always search first without any dates in the search parameters.  This way you get to see all the hotels available.  Then you can search with dates, and if you find no available hotels (or the rates are too much), you can book another chain, but then you know at least that a hotel exists.

Greg

awmorris3 Gold
    Frustrating yes, the website can be misleading at times.  However, I agree with most of the posts/replies.  First, search without date parameters to find all of the hotels in the desired area.  Second, call the Elite line and specifically ask for what you need.  Rarely have I been dissapointed by the accomodations offered to me... they typically appear to go out of their way to meet my needs.

tshaffer Platinum 1 Reviews
    Anytime I've run into that problem, I just call the hotel or the Reservation line, and I've always been given a room.

charlesho Gold
    As Platinum member, you should see one room available for booking as part of the 48 hours availability guarantee. Sometimes you have to check other sites for a complete list of hotels in the vicinity of your choice. Hopefully Marriott gets this corrected soon.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...