9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2012 3:00 PM by henson12 RSS

Why I hate "LIKE"

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I've gotten a number of emails for promotions including a free wonderful bed (something I would LOVE and would help me immensely) over the past month or so.  But each time after I fill out the fields, it says you must say "Like".  So I "like." Nothing happens except the previous message.  Since I do not have a personal but only a facebook author account I am assuming that's part of the problem.  But nowhere does it ask me to sign in to my facebook account.

I don't get it and I am starting to get annoyed with messages that I spend some time on for no result.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Why I hate "LIKE"
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

are these related emails from Marriott?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

NU,

Good question, I have never experienced any of this!

Yep -- I have gotten about 3-4.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I can certainly understand how that could be aggravating.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

profchiara,

The facebook promotions like "30bedsin30days" require your browser to be logged into facebook at the same time that you are filling out the contest form.  In addition to being logged into facebook you must have previously clicked the "Like" button for Marriott Rewards on their facebook page.  To do this type "Marriott Rewards" in the search field of facebook and then go the the Marriott Rewards Page.  Once your on the Marriott Rewards Facebook page click the "Like" button.  You will then be able to enter the different  Marriott Rewards contests.   I hope this helps!

Thanks vaboywynder for the info. 

My problem is that I don't want to like Marriott in the facebook sense.  I only have an author facebook page, which is different (I hate facebook). 

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks vaboywnder - I'm sure those details will be helpful to many. We have a link on the Insiders homepage to this, but we've started a list of contests or sweepstakes so everyone can chose which ones to participate in. They're sometimes on Facebook like the 30 beds in 30 days, sometimes on Marriott.com and sometimes here on Insiders. Insiders Access – Contests, Promotions or Sweepstakes

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I got the offer from Marriott too but I don't do Facebook except under a generic account that a friend has so I can check on things.  This bothers me that I have to have a Facebook account and use it to enter a contest that Marriott is offering.

henson12 Platinum 2 Reviews

Wonder if you could contact the sponsor listed here for an entry:

30 Beds in 30 Days

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...