3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2012 5:37 PM by californian RSS

Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon (New Hampshire)

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We used a Category 4 free night certificate for a 1-night stay at this hotel. The rate at the hotel was over $200, so we were glad to use the certificate.  The hotel is a well-maintained, older property with a very pleasant staff.  Check-in was quick and efficient.  The desk agent made sure we knew about the manager's reception that evening and told us macaroni & cheese and hot dogs would be served.  When we got to our room, there was note from the sales manager thanking us for our loyalty along with a bottle of water and a package of cheese crackers.  We went to the evening social thinking that we would be having hot dogs on a bun, but were a bit surprised that the hot dogs were boiled pieces of hot dogs, rather than on a bun.  They provided soft drinks with the meal.  Some guests had beer or wine, but I don't know if they were complimentary or not.  Breakfast was good and plentiful.  They utilize the breakfast room along with an adjacent room to spread out the food stations.  There was plenty of seating in both rooms for the guests.  We would stay at this hotel again when in area.

The hotel is near Dartmouth College.  A shopping center with a food co-op store (where we got some maple product souvenirs) is nearby.  A Courtyard is also nearby.  We visited the Vermont Country store, an icon in Vermont, on the way to Lebanon.  Before leaving Lebanon, we visited the King Arthur Flour store.  Both stops were fun.  I'll be writing more about these stops in my blog.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Lebanon, New Hampshire, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon
  • Re: Residence Inn Hanover Lebanon (New Hampshire)
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

It is good to hear about people getting a super value on the use of the certificates and when you think that you got it for free even better.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

For all those who struggle to find a good use for their free, hard earned, well deserved, Cat. 1-4 certificates; rather than let them expire, I suggest looking into Residence Inns. There are at this typing, 377 Cat. 3's and 168 Cat. 4's (there are no 1 or 2s) in the US and 15 sweet ones in Canada. I'm using certificates at the lovely Gravenhurst Muskoka Wharf - check it out, it's a beaut Muskoka Hotels in Gravenhurst Ontario | Residence Inn Gravenhurst Muskoka Hotel: It's filled to the gill now and when I booked, you couldn't touch it for less than $175 Canadian (the best part - they give you the one bedroom suite as standard).

Granted this doesn't help international travelers, so I suggest they consider a Residence Inn near their US departing city airport. Many of these properties, like razorback fan's above go for $200 or more a night, are very spacious with great breakfasts, and you get the added benefit of knowing you're staying at a five point per dollar site free rather than a ten - so you're beating the system.

I would mention my US favorites, but the way things are going, Big Brother might swoop in and raise them to a 5 to teach me a lesson!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Good idea Erc.  I already have mine for the RI at the Reagan airport where the best price for the days that I will be there is over $200.  I have 3 nts from the summer promotion and 1 from the Mega.  To me, this is a good deal.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...