2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2012 11:42 AM by razorbackfan RSS

Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We stayed at this brand new hotel using our credit card Category 5 free night certificate.  The hotel is located about 3 miles from Logan Airport and provides a free shuttle to/from the airport.  Parking is free.  Check-in was quick and efficient.  They made sure we had a reservation for the morning shuttle to the airport, as well as a wake-up call. We made arrangements to follow the shuttle to the airport that evening so we could turn in our rental car, then he picked us up and returned us to the hotel after dropping off a departing guest.  Our 1-bedroom suite was beautifully decorated.  Everything was spotless. The bathroom was large and had a regular tub/shower set- up.  (One of the pictures of the hotel shows a glass shower only.)  The hotel has a nice fitness room and salt water pool.

A customer appreciation table was set-up in the lobby with cookies and hot apple cider.  The manager's reception included 5 or 6 hot appetizers, a vegetable tray with dip, cheese/crackers, and pastries.  The reception spilled over into the bar area where guests could purchase an adult beverage if desired.  Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and sodas were provided free of charge.  Breakfast was good and plentiful.

If you are flying in/out of Boston, this is a wonderful hotel choice.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chelsea, Massachusetts, USA
  • Re: Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea
    glew Platinum 7 Reviews

@razorbackfan - thanks for the review of the new Residence Inn BOS.  Have seen it on the list of hotels avail for BOS.  Was curious about it.

Question: what was the "neighborhood" like?

Trying not to be politically incorrect here, and no offense to any Bostonians on this forum, but, Chelsea has some less than desirable neighborhoods.  I stayed at a competing hotel from the Wyndham group in Chelsea recently and noticed the barbed wire fence surrounding the hotel and even the taxi driver told me not to walk around the neighborhood at night by myself.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Residence Inn Boston Logan Airport/Chelsea
      razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

We felt completely safe at the hotel.  We were not planning to go anywhere at night so I did not ask specifically about the area.  The shuttle driver mentioned that they are trying to reinvent the area.  He also pointed out an area that we were driving through and said that if your car was stolen in the Boston area this would be the street where you would look for it (or the pieces of it).  There is another new hotel in the same block as well as a recommended Italian restaurant.  There were lots of local residents walking in front of the hotel--it appeared they might have been walking to/from a bus stop.  I would have no problem staying at this hotel again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...