6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2012 12:57 PM by jerrycoin RSS

The Beauty of Salt Lake City!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Few towns in America are as clean, relaxing and interesting than Salt Lake City.  There is such a history here, from "Western expansion" to modern development and innovation.  Each trip is even more enjoyable than the previous one.  This time I had time to spend at Mormon Square (I am not Mormon. but admire a lot of religions), and could not have treated any kinder by the well informed and friendly staff.  You can walk the grounds and have access to everything but inside the Temple itself. 

I have stayed at The wonderful Marriott across the street, but this time I just parked there and walked these "Hallowed" and historic grounds.  I would recommend this as part of visit to SLC and think anyone who enjoys history and "Human Endurance", will be fascinated.  Here are a few photo's!

IMG_2685.JPG

Approaching Temple Square, where there are no fees, just a lot of interesting things to enjoy!

IMG_2692.JPG

The Tabernacle, home of one of the World's most famous choirs.  It is an impressive building!

IMG_2694.JPG

Inside the Tabernacle, truly a "Marvel" for the sound effects are second to none, and there are no electronic speakers!

IMG_2693.jpg

The Temple took 40 years to build and much of it was done with non-paid volunteers!

IMG_2701.JPG

The Temple is most interesting as displayed in The Visitor Center.

IMG_2709.JPG

You will want to take some extra time to walk to "The Beehive House" less than a block away to enjoy The First Territorial Governor's home and office (Brigham Young)!

Don't forget to stay or have a meal at the wonderful Marriott across the street here are photo's of the large lobby and the friendly staffed, and pleasant restaurant.

IMG_2687.JPG

IMG_2688.JPG

Elevations!  in the Marriott and friendly fine dining for all!

Please enjoy your time in SLC, there is much to see and do in this family friendly town!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Salt Lake City Marriott City Center
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA SpringHill Suites By Marriott SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Downtown
  • Re: The Beauty of Salt Lake City!
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Good info, JC. My daughter is driving home with SLC being her Friday night stay. She and one of my nieces will get into town at lunch time. They have a few sights they want to see and then bed down at the Springhill Suites Downtown. Are you familiar with this hotel?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

PP,

Yes, it right off of I-80 and I-15 and is a very nice looking property.  They are close to everything and it is very safe for them.

PP,

Advise them to have lunch at Market Street Grill,

It is between them and Temple Square.  It is inexpensive, but they will like it.  It is like a bread company, but more diverse and a favorite of locals.  It is next to The New Yorker, a great place for dinner.

Good luck to them!  Safe travels!

Location Brand Hotel
      Salt Lake City, Utah, USA SpringHill Suites By Marriott SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Downtown
        painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks Jerry...I'll pass on the Market Street Grill.

PP,

There are a lot of young, healthy people who have lunches at Market Street Grill, tell them to go up Temple Street, a few blocks from their hotel and look for this sign on the right.

IMG_2684.jpg

That's the Market Street Grill with the red lit sign.  A fun place, with inexpensive good food!

sg1974 Gold

Nice post.

I have never been to SLC, who knows maybe one day.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...