3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2012 11:52 AM by californian RSS

My, oh my. Ain't travel grand?

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

United lost (yes, LOST) half the flight crew—Dispatch and the NOC had no idea who was supposed to crew it—and cancelled my flight ORD-PIT. Or severely delayed it. Maybe it never really existed in this universe.  They're really not sure, as the website shows at least a dozen delays and pullbacks of my flight, but the 1K line tells me unequivocally that it's cancelled. I've already changed this week's itinerary twice, now this.

Consequently, I'm stuck in Chicago tonight. Given the way the last several weeks have gone I'm either earning a great deal of karma, or paying for something I did in a past life.  So, for All Hallow's Eve, I'm more Tom Hanks than George Clooney.

Oh, and I'm in a Hilton tonight...

Scotch. It's what's for dinner.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: My, oh my. Ain't travel grand?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

jk,

So sorry to hear about your experience with United.  I flew them for the first time in years a few weeks ago, never again!

The flights were all 1 1/2 late, no reason given, and probably is was employee related.

The only reason I flew them was they were non-stop, next time I will make a Delta connection!

Good luck, and keep us informed!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

lol...good one JK

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I was supposed to fly them today and go to DC.  Reading about your incident, I am glad to be home instead of going into the unknown of flight delays and cancellations..

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...