13 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2012 11:27 AM by californian RSS

I would trade (blank) for (blank)

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Basically, what current privilege or perk would you give up to gain something of greater value to you?

Me, I'd trade turn-down service for tuck-in service.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: I would trade (blank) for (blank)
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I would also trade turn-down service but for me it would be free parking.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

erc Platinum

Vaboy - I'm with you, although that's probably a bit optimistic - I would trade turn down, plat greeting bonus, and towel for free parking

to tef -  Gary Coleman (r.i.p.) sez it best;

and to jkernitzki - you better be careful what you wish for -

you just might get it, and they send an engineer up to tuck you in

New T-Shirts Aim to Cure Plumber's Crack

As you can see, storm fatigue has set in on the East Coast. We've already chainsawed six trees, but we're the lucky ones, the one on the neighbor's house (cleared by the pros) was only minor damage and we still have power - other parts of the DC are not so fortunate and of course, compared to our friends in the greater NY and Jersey Shore, we've got nothing to complain about. Ok, enough decompression, now lunch, and then three more trees to go. Best wishes to all.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

glad you and others are safe.  good luck with the clean up effort.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Erc,

I am scheduled to fly to DC this Thursday.  The Internet said that buses and metrorail are not going today.  I tried to call the Marriott Crystal City last night and got no answer.  Should I try to get out of the trip?  I am using miles that I may not be able to extend and may have to loose.

erc Platinum

cal

Metro is supposed to re-open today at 2. Now understand, Metro has operating headaches in the best of times, so keep an eye on their projected progress. Crystal City is holding up ok, according to some of my buddies report (meaning power and road transportation is ok as of now - some trees in the road, but apparently no real live wires on the ground). Theoretically, the airlines fly secure reservations first  (like yours) and then deal with the reschedules, but again, who knows. I've got a buddy coming from lax and he could only get to Charlotte for now.

The general attitude here is that we should be ok by Thursday (schools are opening tomorrow) - but stuff happens (have I put enough qualifiers to cover my fanny yet? ha ha).

Like Bob Barker's pal Rod Roddy used to say;I say (with wiggle room to weasel out, should things change) "C'mon on down"... but keep checking. If I hear of anything drastically different, I'll update.

I just checked with United and they will not return my miles unless I am willing to pay $300 which I will not.  Their website says that flights into or out of DCA through Nov 1 can be rescheduled without a change fee but I am dealing with a ticket that was already changed and this is the last I can travel before it expires.  They will only refund if they cancel my flight or delay it for more than 2 hours.

So it looks like I will be coming and hope for the best.  If any changes happen so that I would not want to come, please let me know.

cal -- go for it, and you'll have a great time.  See the sights, eat good food, and enjoy America's city!  Wish I was there!

That is what I will do.  I will pack a winter jacket and stuff as well as rainwear.

The news painted a bad picture of flights heading in/out of the DC and other areas; many delays and many stranded travelers.  I called back and got a different agent who just gave me back my miles without penalty so I can use them at will.  I will be in DC in May and will be able to use all the suggestions then with better conditions, I hope.  Thanks Erc as well.

No penalty!  That's a deal that doesn't happen often.  In my opinion, May will be a great time to be in DC.  Warmer than now, but not nearly as hot as July and Aug.  Keep us in the loop on your upcoming trip.

I like warmer and when I planned the May trip I had researched the best time to go.

It appears that when you don't get the answer that you want, call back and get a different person.  It may have been the 12 hours later too.  I was really looking forward to the trip and had gotten some really good prices but Sandy got in the way.  I just couldn't see leaving a comfortable home and going into what could be a nightmare in flights if I didn't have to.  My neighbor was supposed to return home today and his flight was canceled and he was able to get on a flight tomorrow and he felt lucky to get that.

Thanks for your help.

erc Platinum

I agree with nuhusker's can do attitude.

1) I would trade the free newspaper delivered to my door each day (ha) for more elite offers.

Now, back to californian

Come on out, you'll do fine and have a great time. The gov't is going back to work tomorrow. Pentagon City Mall is open and bustling with sales. Crystal City underground is open. Schools are re-opened. Reagan National is all set to go. Metro is back to its usual unreliable self, and the weather is looking dry and fall-crisp for the weekend.

Here's good deals on some regional events - check the DC ones near the Metro (Spy Museum for example - a good time)

All Events in Washington, D.C. | Goldstar

Safe travels, erc

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...