1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 7, 2012 10:03 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Keene, New Hampshire Courtyard

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We spent 2 nights at this Category 3 hotel located in the southwest corner of New Hampshire during our fall foliage trip.  The hotel is located just off Main Street.  At 172 feet wide, Keene's Main Street is reportedly the widest Main Street in the United States.  Our check-in was quick and efficient.  The hotel is fairly new.  Our room was the the prettiest Courtyard room we have ever stayed in.  It was quite large with room for a king size bed, sofa, coffee table, and desk without feeling cramped at all.  It was equipped with a small refrigerator.  The walk-in shower was very nice.  (I don't know if the hotel has rooms with a bathtub or not.) Even though the property must have been full (or close to it), there was never any noise.  We did not eat breakfast at the hotel, so I'm not able to comment on their food.  We would definitely stay at this hotel on a future trip.

We ate breakfast the first morning at Kristin's Bakery and at The Works on the second morning.  Both restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel.  We also ate at Local Burger which is just about a block from the hotel on Main Street.  The food was great, as was the service. 

Keene is famous for their pumpkin festival.  It was held the week-end following our stay, so we did not see it in person, but if you are ever in the area when it is held, it would be worth visiting.  The following picture was taken by Aimee Seavey and appeared in an article on Keene published in Yankee Magazine.

!http://blogs.yankeemagazine.com/explore-new-england/files/2012/03/5091006579_7e058a3019_o-560x372.jpg|height=372|alt=|width=560|class=size-large wp-image-308 jiveImage|src=http://blogs.yankeemagazine.com/explore-new-england/files/2012/03/5091006579_7e058a3019_o-560x372.jpg!

I read that the town did not win the contest this year, but I bet they keep trying!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Keene, New Hampshire, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Keene Downtown

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...