1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 28, 2012 6:13 PM by chrisf RSS

Experiences -- but for who?

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I checked the Marriott "Experiences" section of the Activity site and saw lots of things tailored to families and children.  That's fine, since probably most Marriott customers fit one or both categories.  But why is there not a section that highlights either singles (but I don't mean that in the sense of hooking up, but rather people traveling alone) or specials for one only?  The only place I've ever seen or done this was at the Rome Central Park Marriott, which offered room and board for a specific (and very  reasonable) fee).  Since many of us are business travelers, why are offers not geared -- at least sometimes -- towards those who spend significant numbers of days/weeks ata given hotel.  I refer specifically to the idea the Rome Central Park does.  Even though it's a Courtyard, it gives Platinum members breakfasts free. But the dinner offerings are great, and include wine.

Since I often pay more for my room as a single, I think Marriott should consider offering more options like this.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Experiences -- but for who?
    chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

That's a very good point ProfC.  A friend of ours has similar problems with travel.  She wants to do a number of longhaul trips but has found that the hotel prices are all geared to couples ... even trying to use B&Bs has proven a problem for her.  We have helped a number of time by getting her to come with us ... it seems that rooms with two bedrooms do not double the price and can often be very close to the 'couples' rate.  She is joining us in New Zealand for a few weeks next year and we have worked some good deals ... no Marriotts in NZ though!

However, travelling alone seems to be a real problem.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...