7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2012 7:56 PM by iestrikesback RSS

Upgrade

crash64 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

Understanding that not all resorts can do it, the whole managed vs. owned issue. Wondering if anyone has had any luck getting two rooms on the same stay upgraded? I am looking to book two rooms for a weekend in Dec and was wondering what the chances of getting both upgraded was.

Thanks,

Crash

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Upgrade
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

crash64,

per MR terms & conditions, upgrades are only available for you personal room and is based upon an individual property's availability. 

"Complimentary Room Upgrade: Based on room availability at check-in and limited to a Member's personal guestroom. Upgrades may include rooms with desirable views, rooms on high floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities, rooms on Executive Floors, or suites.  All upgrades are granted on a space-available basis, as determined at the time of check-in. Upgrades are subject to availability and identified by each hotel. Not available at Marriott Vacation Club."

I've heard of properties just not offering either way, so if you aren't offered an upgrade, I would ask.  Worst they can say is that they're at capacity.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Agree, it doesn't hurt to ask!  It also deped onthe capacity of the hotel for the nights that you are stayiing.

klaus29 Silver

you will never get a free  upgrate  on your arrival day,  the  best way  is  you  phone direct to the GM from the  hotel, or  send a  e mail.  if  possible  with a minumum of 1 week  before  your arrival;

i  work like  this alredy  4  years.  and  i get alredy  many times  a upgrate  to a suite;   i repeat  never  whait  the  day of your arrival.

good  luck  for  a  free  upgrate

Really?  Could you please give some points on how to do this (and how to get your message to the GM)? 

Thanks! 

klaus29 Silver

phone to the hotel,and ask the e mail adresse  from the  hotel .  dont ask  the  customer service  from marriott.

and  then you send  a mail to the hotel .... a l attention de  mister  the GM   .with your request.

you  will see this easy phone  call, can give you  a  suite.         ..good luck

Thank you klaus29!  I'll give it a shot

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

I think a lot of it depends on availability/hotel occupancy at the time.  I've had 2 rooms upgraded at the Waikaloa (HI) resort on a points stay.  Plus, as everyone mentions, it can't hurt to ask!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...