3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2012 10:09 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Fairfield Inn Concord, New Hampshire

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This Category 2 hotel is located just off I-93.  Even though we thought we had good directions, we were unable to find the property without stopping for directions.  We had actually passed the road to the hotel, but thought it was a parking lot entrance.  When we checked in, I commented to the desk clerk that we had difficulty finding the hotel and she told me that happens a lot.  (Maybe they need a sign larger than the small sign that says lodging that we missed the first time we passed it.)  I just looked at the hotel website and it describes the turn perfectly.  I must have missed that description when I was booking the property (or maybe it was not there.)  Registration was efficient; however, there was no platinum welcome.  We asked about the restaurant, The Common Man, that was a short walk away and were told it was quite good.  We were also given a coupon for a free appetizer.  The property is an older Fairfield Inn, but it was very clean.  The hotel appeared to be very busy and I could hear lots of doors slamming early in the evening, but it was quiet by 9 PM.  We decided not to set an early alarm so we could get to breakfast before the crowd.  Boy, was that a mistake!  I think everyone decided to eat at the same time.  The attendants struggled to keep up with the demand.  PET PEEVE: Guests who remain at their table long after they have finished their meal when so many people are waiting for a table.  According to the hotel's website, they serve an upgraded continental breakfast.  Next time we will get up early.   The rates were much lower than the nearby Residence Inn and Courtyard.

We really enjoyed our meal at The Common Man.  We chose the pork sliders for the free appetizer and that would have been enough food for a whole meal.  They also have an area set up with complimentary cheese, crackers, and dip.  The restaurant was very busy, but we still had good service.  At the end of the meal, our waiter brought a tray of white chococate to the table and served us complimentary pieces. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Concord, New Hampshire, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn Concord

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...