16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2015 3:09 PM by cautioncontentshot RSS

Time to Unwind: Spas That Hit the Spot

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
Currently Being Moderated

Insiders are always on the go, so it’s no surprise they also know how and where to slow down. Whether you’ve had a hectic holiday season or just want to start the New Year on the right foot, there’s nothing better than a day at the spa.

Arizona is known for its amazing spas, and the Revive Spa at JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort is a favorite among Insiders. Superchief1 took his wife there for her birthday and said it was “relaxing” and “a nice oasis.” He also suggests using your Platinum Elite privileges to gain access to spa facilities including a fitness center, pool and steam room. Phxpashun says “the spa is fantastic—worth every penny” but also likes The Spa at Camelback Inn at the JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa. “[It’s] a wonderful spa [and] has a ‘spiritual’ vibe about it,” she says, noting that it fits in well with the surrounding desert landscape and has a “quiet” and “secluded” feel. Ksfamilyman thinks The Spa at Camelback Inn is “first class,” while Lorirobert says it has “the best spa treatments I have ever had.” Tjcnewyork and his wife are frequent spa-goers and “highly recommend” it for “an outstanding experience.”

Something about sunshine makes for a perfect spa escape, so it’s no surprise that mabusr is a big fan of the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes and the spa it shares with The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes next door. She says it’s “the most fabulous hotel spa I’ve ever been to” and “one of the plushest spas I’ve ever seen.” Across the globe, marcus likes the “great spa that has simply awesome treatments” at the Spa at JW Marriott Hotel Beijing, and also recommends the Courtyard Beijing Northeast, which doesn’t have an official spa but offers affordable massage services.

Where do you go to relax, refresh and re-energize? Tell us about your favorite Marriott spas and treatments and you could be featured in a future post.

Special thanks to members superchief1, phxpashun8, ksfamilyman, lorirobert, tjcnewyork, mabusr and marcus. To see one of your posts featured, we encourage you to contribute helpful tips, thoughts, experiences and insights throughout the community.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands Marriott Hotels & Resorts Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
  • Re: Time to Unwind: Spas That Hit the Spot
    lizbeth Platinum

While my sister and I have had some wonderful experiences at a number of Marriot spas, including the spa in the J.W. Marriott in Palm Desert and at the Phoenix J.W. (Desert Ridge) spa, our annual visits to the Agora Spa at the Marriot in Stamford, Connecticut must also be noted as truly superb.  Each summer, we hop on trains (she from R.I. and I from Virginia) and meet for a few days of sister-only time.  While the hotel is not a luxury destination, it works very well for us, and the Agora Spa is so special that we make the trip over and over again.  The treatments are highly professional, relaxing, and renewing; the staff are extraordinary; and we leave recharged and reenergized so that we can once again pick up our busy lives at work and at home.  Both of us are in our sixties (although I must admit to being the "big sister" of almost 70), and we hope to continue this lovely tradition for many more years.  Kudos to the folks at Agora for making our lives happier and healthier.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Thanks for sharing lizbeth!!  I'm in the area quite frequently and I must check it out!!

superchief1 Platinum

We really enjoyed our spa visit during our trip. Unfortunately, guests at Canyon Villas (where we are MVC owners) no longer enjoy platinum benefits at the adjacent JW Marriott resort. Therefore, we do not visit the spa during our trips.

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Nothing in the Marriott system beats the Camelback Inn.

That's all I'm going to say.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

It is a special place where times stands still, as the resort's motto goes.

erc Platinum

Aaah, Camelback. Calling for some chicken enchiladas at Manuel's.

IMG_2879 25%.jpg

chocoli30 Gold 6 Reviews

I image.jpg

I am a spa diva. So the first thing I do after check in is schedule a spa appointment.  My champagne jacuzzi hit the spot after my spa treatment. Grand Cayman Marriott did not disappoint. 

Message was edited by: Chocoli30

Location Brand Hotel
    Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands Marriott Hotels & Resorts Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
    travelprincess Platinum 1 Reviews

It's really hard to say which spa is the best because I have had  lots of enjoyable experiences while staying at many Marriott brand hotels all over the world. It depends on what your expectations are. Atmosphere, amenities, talented employees and other things to be judged on. As a whole I think Palm desert/ Palm springs have some of the best spas. I stayed at the renaissance and had the therapist was from Peru and cured my shoulder problem. When on vacation there are many local spas I could choose from but I prefer to use the Marriott because not only do you get a great experience you also get points.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

This may be my new favorite thread!! Bookmarked!!

LuckyCharm$ Gold

YES!!! Ditto

berlyg Silver 1 Reviews

hi carat...for some reason I am not able to "bookmark". ... is there a "trick" to it??...I can "follow" and "like" but I cannot "bookmark". I keep getting a "error" message. (*it is a red ribbon across the screen that says "your content could not be saved due to an error. You may have been logged out. If this problem persists please contact your system administrator. Click here to refresh page.)...I know I have not been logged out...and I am pretty sure that I am doing it correctly, but with my parkinsons brain...one never knows! thank you for any help you are able to offer... have a wonderfully blessed nite!!

702rugbyref Platinum

Not a big spa kind of guy. However, last week my wife and I stayed at the JW Marriott here in Vegas for a few nights and enjoyed our spa (Swedish massage style). They provided me with a 30% discount as a Platinum member as well so that was a bonus!

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

702rugbyref The pictures from the spa at the JW Marriott in Vegas look incredible! Hope you enjoyed your massage 

702rugbyref Platinum

I plan to do a thorough review of my wonderful upgraded experience. Not sure how to go about it though.

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Seems like a nice thread revival. 

Do not recommend the spa at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami.

Do not recommend the spa at the Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square.

Highly recommend the spa at the Ritz-Carlton South Beach.

Highly recommend the spa at the Princeton Marriott at Forrestal.

Highly recommend the spa at the Ritz-Carlton Kapalua.

Will revisit once I remember other properties. 

cautioncontentshot Member

Joanna Vargas Skin Care is my wife's favorite spa in NYC AND it's just five minutes from the Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...