9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 24, 2012 1:06 AM by tryt53 RSS

Mentioning another insider in a post

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

How do I do that?  I just made a post about iPad compatibility and wanted to mention community manager.  How do I do that?  Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mentioning another insider in a post
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Husker,

If you mean how do you tag someone..... type in the @ sign then their name. Like this... nuhusker

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Husker,

hold down the shift key while depressing the @ key.  A list will appear of Insider names.  Whilst still depressing the @ key, type the first letter of the name you wish to 'mention' without typing any spaces.  keep typing the name, and when you see the name that you want to mention, click it.  nuhusker.  You'll know you did it right, because you will see the name in blue now, in your comment.  Remember, no spaces.

Hope this helps.

thank you both.

pluto77

painedplatinum

HA!! Got it.  Now I will edit my other post to mention NathalieF.

Cool.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I haven't even had to hold down the shift key.  Once I start typing the @ and then start typing the user id, like nuhusker, the list keeps getting smaller as I type, until I see the User ID I am trying to tag, and then I just click on that name to choose it for the tag.

tryt -- I got the idea of mentioning when you mentioned me in a previous post.  thanks.

Always glad to help, and learn from others here!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

So you're saying, shift + @, then you're good to go.  Then just type the member's name at that point, or use the drop down list.  Sounds good.

IF using an iPad, there is an @ key, whereas on teh PC, you have to presss shift and the 2 button.  Is that right?

I think that is what Pluto is saying, and I am saying.  You just need to type the @ and then the user ID.  The only reason I need to do a shift at all is if I'm on my laptop and the shift is because it is the shift part of the "2" key.