4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 5:18 PM by iahflyr RSS

Are View Upgrades possible?

canzi Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello - we are traveling to Hawaii in June 2013.  I exchanged my two MVC weeks for one week at Maui OC Towers.  Wanting to do two weeks in Hawaii, I was able to also use MRPs for a 2 bd villa at the MVC Ko Olina property (was excited to see that it was offered) but it only offered an Island View unit.  Paying 280k points seems like a lot but maybe not?  It is a 2 bd villa for a full week stay.  Question - do I even try to ask to be upgraded to a suite with a better view?  I think in general MVC properties in Hawaii during the summer months are in high demand that I just feel lucky to have gotten a room using MRPs.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Are View Upgrades possible?
    tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

MVC upgrades are a little more difficult to score upgrades, but TRY. I would have the reservation noted in advance and ask on arrival. We are about 50-50. As these are owned timeshares, the owners have rights first then the hierarchy gets complicated. But, you won't get what you don't ask for.

Good luck!!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

In Maui be very careful to take your reservation with you and particularly the room type as proof of what you reserved, you may need it.

We stayed at the Maui Resort VC in August 2011 and had an exceptional "ocean front" 1 BR villa, great kitchen and view.  We planned our next trip to Maui for early November 2012, booked the exact same type of room and upon arrival late in the evening due to a delayed flight (the new United of course) did not get the same building which was named Napili nor did we get the "ocean front" villa.  They tried to put us in the other building way back in the corner to the extent our "ocean front" villa was turned into a very limited view of the ocean if we stood on the balcony and leaned out over the railing.  Totally disappointing and got zero help from the hotel staff that evening all the way to the manager on duty, and even better they couldn't tell us if we would get our "ocean front" villa for the next night and remainder of our stay.  I took my phone down to the manager and showed him the email verification which clearly read "ocean front" villa to which he responded with, sorry we are all sold out.  I went back to the room to find my most wonderful wife had called the Ritz Kapalua up the road a few miles, explained the situation to the manager and we ended up with a 1300 sq. ft. 2 BR suite that was out of this world, our first night free and 1/2 off the remainder of our stay.........incredible.

We checked out of the Maui resort which we dearly love and drove to the Ritz asking the manager to have the GM call me the next day.  Did I get a call, no, not that day or the next either so I called and spoke with the GM and to my surprise he claimed no knowledge of the entire fiasco.  We have an email from the GM stating that on our next visit coming this year we will be sure to get the villa we reserve as well as some other perks yet to be named, can't wait to see how this all works out.....but Maui is awesome.

pointjunkie Gold 2 Reviews

The MVCI timeshare villas are blocked about 2-3 weeks ahead of arrival. As an owner at Maui OC, I know that 98% of the owners come here every year. As an owner, as it should be, they will get the "prime" view...plus they would have purchased the view they are assigned.

So, in a roundabout way, no there is no way to "upgrade" the view.

You will love both resorts!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

pointjunkie,

If I am understanding you correctly, they block the rooms at that point and non-owners have booked the particular room type the non-owner is out of luck and gets whatever is left over?  I know I'm missing something in translation however; Maui is certainly a favorite spot of ours as well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...