4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2012 6:04 PM by mcdoes RSS

Link reservation to account based on name and credit card if award number is omitted

mcdoes Silver
Currently Being Moderated

When reservations are made without the Marriott Reward number isn't it possible to link the reservation based on the name and credit card number?

Currently a reservation under the same name and credit card is not visible within your account if the Award number is missing. This sometimes happens when making the reservation using a travel agent.

Regards,

MAarten

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Link reservation to account based on name and credit card if award number is omitted
    klaus29 Silver

when you  book wioth a travel agent, never you will find your reservation  in your account  on maarriott;com   when your reservation start  with a 8  you can phone to the  marriott  reservation

you give your  reservation  number, and you will find your reservation in your account..

I hope this help

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Link reservation to account based on name and credit card if award number is omitted
      mcdoes Silver

On the website you can also find the reservation through the reservation number but when booked through an agent you cannot always associate the reward number with the reservation.

This is more an attempt to see if Marriott can improve this.

klaus29 Silver

you know  when you buy via a travel agent , you dont will get  points and nights  normaly;. its considere at a third party.    i hope you have luck

mcdoes Silver

This is very easily fixed; just submit the rewards number at checking in. Never failed up until now ;-)

It is just how to get this fixed at an earlier stage and so that I can see my reservations in the mobile app before traveling. Getting access to the address information is needed in ESTA and now I first need to get my reservation number from emails then get the reservation from the website and then get the hotel info. Then copying this information to ESTA and my smartphone since this information is needed at checking in for the flight....

I cannot get the notion out of my head that this can be simplified :-)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...