8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2012 1:37 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Gaylord Reservation Question

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm not sure if any of my fellow Insiders will know the answer to this question but I thought I would try.   Marriott has announced that the Gaylord properties (excluding Opryland) will participate in Marriott Rewards beginning October 29th.  Does anyone know if you make an advanced purchase reservation with one of the Gaylord properties prior to Oct 29th for a stay in November whether or not that stay will earn points/nights?  I tried calling the  Platinum reservations line this weekend and the Marriott agent wasn't able to answer any questions regarding Gaylord properties and transferred me to a Gaylord agent who wasn't able to answer any questions about earning points/nights.  I would like to take advantage of the Gaylord Birthday Promotion which is a BOGO Weekend offer but  an advanced purchase is required and its my understanding a small number of rooms are available for this offer on the dates I want in November.   I could always wait until Oct 29th before making the reservation and cross my fingers the promotion is still valid then but it would be nice to know if I could get the deal now and earn the points/nights for the stay.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
National Harbor, Maryland, USA
  • Re: Gaylord Reservation Question
    tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

We reserved at the Gaylord National Harbor for my wife's birthday in December. Not a promo or anything. We were told we will get benefits, but its not the promo you mentioned.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tker,

Did you reservation require an advanced deposit?

Thanks!

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

No deposit required.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

tker,

Good information, and thanks!

There is a wonderful "Outlet Mall" near Opryland that is really special!

I decided to wait until Monday (29th) to make the reservation to ensure I would earn points/nights.  Fortunately the Birthday BOGO promotion was still valid when I made the reservation.  I'll be sure to let my fellow Insiders know how our stay goes at the Gaylord National Resort.

vaboywonder,

Is that Nashville?  If not where?

Hi Jerry,

The Gaylord National Resort property is located at the National Harbor in Maryland, just across from the Potomac River in DC.

Location Brand Hotel
        National Harbor, Maryland, USA

Thanks vaboywnder!

I am not familiar with that property, but I wish you the best!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...