1 2 3 15 Previous Next 222 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2013 3:56 PM by kharada46 RSS

Honolulu Marriott-no real amenities

platinumwizard Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have reservations at the Honolulu Marriott.  I just called to ask what I can expect as far as amenities during my stay.  They told me, without much remorse or apology, that they have no Concierge Lounge and they do not have breakfast coupons for Platinum elites.  I may get a room upgrade at check in.  This is pretty weak.  I am cancelling the 2 reservations I have here as soon as possible.  Why stay here?  It is not even on the beach.  One has to cross a busy street to get to the sand and  sea.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
Honolulu Oahu, Hawaii, USA
Waikiki - Oahu, Hawaii, USA
Kapolei - Oahu, Hawaii, USA
Pearl City, Hawaii, USA
  • 1. Re: Honolulu Marriott-no real amenities
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

platinumwizard,

Try the Renaissance, NO, I see it is no longer a Marriott property.

Can you try the CY?  I used to really enjoy the Renaissance.

There is a resort (Never stayed there that sounds great, but it is not nearby)

Good luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    Honolulu Oahu, Hawaii, USA
  • 2. Re: Honolulu Marriott-no real amenities
    platinumwizard Platinum 60 Reviews

It looks like slim pickings in Honolulu from Marriott.  The interesting part was that they didn't seem like they cared when I called.  It was more like "so sad, too bad".

• 3. Re: Honolulu Marriott-no real amenities
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

You may want to contact "The hot line", see what they can do for you!

Explain the situation, and do it during the day, and take the time change into consideration.

I find talking to hotels "After hours" is not productive.  Good luck!

• 4. Re: Honolulu Marriott-no real amenities
    iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

I'm also looking at either this hotel or the CY for a trip next April.  I see the Marriott has a resort fee, but the CY does not.  Can anyone compare the 2?

• 5. Re: Honolulu Marriott-no real amenities
    traveler2 Platinum

I have stayed at this hotel and while it was fine I wasn't overly impressed. Most "resorts" do not have a concierge lounge so that shouldn't stop you. it is directly across from the beach with no buildings in front of you. You do have to cross the street to get to beach but that's not a problem as it is on the corner with traffic signals. Don't know if you need to be in Waikiki or not but I would highly recommend The JW Ihilani. there is also a Marriott vacation property there.  It is about 30 minutes away but worth it. If staying in another property is an option we have stayed at the Outrigger Waikiki (on the beach) and the Hyatt several times and have always enjoyed it. Enjoy your trip.....Aloha!!

• 6. Re: Honolulu Marriott-no real amenities
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

If being in Wakiki is a must, then I'd suggest (please forgive me Marriott HQ) the Wakiki Sheraton.  It's a very nice hotel with a fabulous infinity pool.  But, if being outside of Wakiki will work for you, then consider the JW Marriott in KoOlina, about 30 min to an hour (traffic) west of Honolulu.  It is absolutely great!

• 7. Re: Honolulu Marriott-no real amenities
    wrldtravlr Silver 2 Reviews

If your going for a vacation stay at a Marriott in Hawaii then stay away from Waikiki and Oahu in general. Stay at any of the Marriotts on the other islands. Maui has two great Marriotts (one's a Ritz), same with Kaua'i very nice and the Big Island at Marriott Waikoloa Resort. These hotels have all the amenities, and more, that you could want including great beaches (these hotels are ON THE BEACH), great places to see and go, fine dining, etc. Besides Honolulu/Waikiki is just like going to any other big american city, it is not a Hawaiian Dream.

The Marriott hotels on Oahu and Waikiki, except for the JW, would be better called Courtyards. Not that good of locations and amenities. Marriott is great in Hawaii, just not on Oahu.

PS: If you would like to see what is available on the Big Island to over to Photos and look up Hawaii. Take a look at the Waikoloa Resort Marriott and what is on the island.

• 8. Re: Honolulu Marriott-no real amenities

Thanks for the info everyone.  We would be prefer to stay in Waikiki as our daughter will be performing with her high school band at a festival that week, and they will be staying somewhere in Waikiki (from what I hear, maybe the Sheraton, nu!) but their hotel is unknown as of now.  Also, as far as we know, most of their performances and activities will be in the Waikiki area.  But, I hear great things about the JW, and will consider it if they have some activities outside Waikiki.

• 9. Re: Honolulu Marriott-no real amenities

I'm with you, wrldtravlr!  We've stayed at Marriotts on the Big Island, Maui, and Kauai and love them, and the islands!  The one time we did visit Oahu, we rented a home on a beach on the North Shore thru vrbo.com.  We spent most of time on the North Shore, but did spend a day in Waikiki/Peal Harbor, etc. just to experience it.  The North Shore is beautiful, and feels more like one of the other islands.  This would be my recommendation for anyone who wants to visit Oahu.          

• 10. Re: Honolulu Marriott-no real amenities

If your going to stay in Waikiki just plan to leave your hotel early.  The traffic is just like LA, NY, etc. Plan on an extra 30 minutes where ever you need to go. Bottom line, HAVE A GREAT TIME and I wish you daughter well  at the festival.

• 11. Re: Honolulu Marriott-no real amenities
    alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

OH MAN.....

I wish I would have found this post earlier. I am literally heading to the airport in 3 hours for an 11 night stay at the Waikiki Marriott!

I hope a little charm (and maybe a Ben Franklin or two ) May improve my situation.

Will make a report here shortly.

Please wish me luck!!

Thanks, Al

• 12. Re: Honolulu Marriott-no real amenities

Hope everything goes well, Al, and look forward to hearing your reviews!

• 13. Re: Honolulu Marriott-no real amenities
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Al -- have a great trip and let us hear about all the fun you had!

• 14. Re: Honolulu Marriott-no real amenities

Bottom line. Any day in Hawaii is better than a day not being in Hawaii

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!

1 2 3 15 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...