11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2016 11:48 AM by seatexan RSS

best NYC property for Macy's Thanksgiving parade

vagabond12 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

my friend just asked me to book her in NYC for the parade...I have no idea where to do so but I'm sure you folks know!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York City, New York, USA
  • Re: best NYC property for Macy's Thanksgiving parade
    GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Here are some links with the parade route!

It goes by my favorite property, the Residence Inn on 6th Ave between 38th & 39th, though I have never stayed there while the parade is on.

http://www.nyctourist.com/macys_map.htm

http://gonyc.about.com/od/thanksgiving/ss/Macys-Thanksgiving-Day-Parade-Map.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macy's_Thanksgiving_Day_Parade

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macy%27s_Thanksgiving_Day_Parade#Parade_route

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vagabond12 Platinum

thanks for the links!  I haven't been in NYC in years so I'll to play around with the maps....the Residence Inn looks pretty good except it won't take 4 people in a room although 1 of them is under 5...grrrr... anyways, my daughter is there right now so she's going to go by and check the place out....thanks for the tips!!

The rooms there are huge.

I have shared it with my sister and her teenage kids that are taller than us, and my sister is tall.

There is a queen or king bed, and a loveseat that folds out to a full size or queen bed.  The loveseat is in a sitting area, with two chairs and a coffee table. The TV is in the middle on a swivel so it swivels toward the sitting area or the bed.

Additionall there is a kitchen with stainless appliances, black granit counters, and a counter with seating.

Its an efficiency apartment larger than most real ones in NYC

vagabond12 Platinum

thanks!  I've passed the info on to my friend, sounds right up their alley...since there are 4 in the family that sounds like a good set up....

arbplatinum Platinum

Thinking of going to NYC this year for Thanksgiving and the parade. Is the Marquis the best spot? I read somewhere that they offer a 'Thanksgiving Parade Package' but I don't see that when I go on Marriott.com now to book.  Anyone?? Thanks.

Another place to consider is the Residence Inn on 6th Ave between 38th & 39th.  Might be a little less congested, if that is possible, and maybe a little cheaper?

erc Platinum

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Route

When I was in NY recently, I stopped at the new Courtyard New York/Herald Square and looked over the property since I'm staying there Labor Day weekend. In talking with the staff, they were saying they were a great property for the parade (they even have an elevated terrace). It sure looks like a good possibility. I'll respond after my stay, but you might want to try to reserve something (cancellable) pretty soon. From the looks of the rates $549 for Wednesday night, it would make me think it's a great view!  The room rate gets more attractive Tues - Fri. etc. Good luck.

arbplatinum Platinum

erc, did you stay there?  What did you think for the parade?

Thanks.

erc Platinum

No, because of a last minute great introductory price at the Lexington Autograph we moved uptown a few blocks. However, I did stop in and without a doubt, the parade goes right by the property (which is on the NE corner of 35th and 6th) and theoretically you would be able to see the parade from parts of the lobby (how the property manages the availability of space, I do not know). The Residence Inn is just up the street at the SW corner of 39th and 6th. I've stayed there several times with great views and excellent service - but we're, of course, talking a whole different ballgame with the parade. Both properties were starting around $500 and I doubt if those were the 6th Avenue sides. Good luck to all.

The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Route Map

erc Platinum

Residence Inn 1033 Avenue of Americas (6th Avenue)

Boy, this would be a great room for the parade - that's 6th Ave. looking north toward Central Park

IMAG0629.jpg

seatexan Platinum

Erc I tried to PM you but for some reason it would not go thru. Maybe I am not at a high enough level.

Here is what I asked:

Hi Erc! I saw in one of your post you said you stayed at the Courtyard Herald Sq. location a few times.  Do you know if there is a mic and fridge? or if they can be requested in the room?  Thank you!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...