3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2012 8:00 PM by chrisf RSS

Our First FFI Stay - 2005

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Next Friday we shall be landing at Dulles International and heading down to Fredericksburg.  We have booked a stay at the FFI on Spotsylvania Avenue.  I have just realised that this is the first FFI that we ever stayed in, back in 2005.  I seem to recall that it was pretty new at the time and we were also fairly cautious as to what to expect.  It turned out to be the beginning of our love affair with FFI.  We seem to use them on just about every USA trip ... service has always been great, parking has always been free and the breakfast are also great.  I recall that when we arrived, we wanted somewhere to eat.  We asked a young lady on reception and she suggested an Italian restaurant ... I believe she said something like ... "it's not the closest but it's worth the drive".  I know that she was right but cannot recall the name of the restaurant.  This was our first visit to Virginia and we also fell in love with the State ... well, "Virginia is for Lovers" ... that's what's on every mailing we get.

Can anyone suggest a restaurant for our next visit, please?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Fredericksburg
  • Re: Our First FFI Stay - 2005
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Chris,

Been there but don't know of any place to dine that is special.

You may have to settle for a US Chain that is open late!

Good luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks for the thought Jerry.  I have done the usual Google Maps search and can see a Ruby Tuesday nearby ... we have found that chain pretty reliable - they always have a fair amount of fish on the menu and service is always fine.  However, I did find an Italian place called Scala's about 4 miles away.  I'll check with the front-desk ... they generally seem to know some good local places and frequently provide discount vouchers!

We made our return visit and had the usual excellent FFI service and accommodation.  One thing that we love about FFI is that there is nothing pretentious about this group ... we get exactly what we are expecting for a great price.  We decided to stick with our plan to head for Ruby Tuesday for dinner.  The lady on the front desk gave us great directions and we had a good meal.  After a seven and a half hour flight and a nightmare drive on the I-95 ... it was great to keep things simple.  I can see this as being our standard first stop when we head south after a Dulles landing.  Thank you to a splendid FFI team.

DSC01062_edited-1.jpg

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...