6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2013 1:30 PM by iahflyr RSS

The stay that never ended.

361707276 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I was asked to assist on a project in Northern California in the Bay Area.  This project would only last a few months.  I have been a Marriott fan and guest for years, so the first thing that I did was find a local Fairfield Inn to stay at for a few months.  The Fairfield Inn in American Canyon would be great.  A small quiet community just a few miles from work.  The morning drive would give me time to make a few plans for the day and the drive back in the evenings would give me time to make a few calls back to the home office.

I was welcomed by the staff as part of the family.  In a short time the project moved from a few months to the project that would never end.  More new work was assigned and conditions changed.  The project went past the four months with no clear ending.  The more I was at the Fairfield Inn the more that they became my family away from home.

This hotel became my home for over four years!!!!  I would see people come and people go, guests would leave and return months or years later and there I would be, still at the hotel.  I got to see staff members come and go, but the mainstay staff was always there for me.  Any need would be address and they treated me like family. 

I lived at the hotel during a major renovation and needless to say, I was the first to get a brand new room with the great new mattresses.  When the flat screen HD tv's arrived, I was the first to be hooked up. 

These people at American Canyon Fairfield Inn are the best.  This stay just confirmed my long term belief that Marriott is the best.  Fairfield Inn is always on my list for hotels.  If travel is required, I will stay at no other hotel.  I am a fan for Life.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Montgomery, Alabama, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Montgomery
  • Re: The stay that never ended.
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Wonderful story!

What an experience that might have a lot of fun!

Keep the stories coming!  We all enjoy them.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sdbroker Platinum

I've a similar experience, just not quite 4 years in length.  My assignment to Ft Wayne, IN started with an expected 6 months, and I stayed at a different brand hotel because nothing from Marriott was quite what I wanted.  I'm not real picky, I just like the ability to go for a run from the hotel, visit different restaurants without having to always drive and find something exciting to do close by if I am there for the weekend.  My next visit will mark 2 years at the Courtyard Fort Wayne Downtown, which was new when I first arrived.  Like 361707276 I have gone through several managers, however I have always been very pleased with the staff, especially the ones who have gone out of their way to make me feel at home.  While my time in Ft Wayne is finally coming to a close, I'll not forget the wonderful times I've had.  Thanks to them my 500 +/- nights at the Courtyard have been great!

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

We've had the same starting experience, but started out with TPS and then with RI after a month.  We've been here for 2 years as of the 4th of July with our whole family having come due to my husband's having a back operation just 3 months prior and he needed a driver until he was sure he could drive himself. 

Our experience has been the opposite, though.  We're still here, and now that I've gotten the MegaBonus for the fall, I'm thinking of looking at Homewood Suites, with the only holdup being that we have so much we'd have to move and we know from the move to a newly remodeled room in Oct. 2011, that it is a hassle and a lot of work with all of the kitchen things, groceries, books and so on.

We still don't know when it will end.  My husband worked at this same site a few years ago and was here for 5 years at that time, but his time here now is also limited by his age of 71.

Cal, I know you weren't asking the lifetime Plat. of us because we hadn't posted yet, but my husband is LPP.    

Location Brand Hotel
      Montgomery, Alabama, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Montgomery
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Are you lifetime platinum yet?

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

I had an engagement like that.

Went to Europe for 2 weeks, and came home months later!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Great read 361707276, thanks for posting it.

Although I've not had to endure more than two weeks, maybe three in a row over the last eight years I've traveled to the Atlantic City area for work a minimum of eight times a year.  During the spring-fall months we (a large group) would always try to stay at the Somers Point Residence Inn, we got to be part of the staff family.  Whenever we'd book our rooms they would attempt to put us all in rooms near one another as we seemed to always have a group gathering after dinner.  The hotel staff finally put a special room dedicated as a employee room for only those who were employed with our gang, it was great as they'd provide a nice but simple hot dinner with an entree and vegetable, cold drinks were kept in the refrigerator as well as water.  We all had access to the room near the front desk.  Many times we'd be there for three weeks, go home a week and come right back for two more weeks.  Each time they had something special in our rooms for us, always a nice touch.

So I salute those of you at the Residence Inn at Somers Point.....but in the winter sorry had to go to the Absecon Seaview Marriott Villas which are amazing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...