5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2012 10:13 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Those were the days, my friend...

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

After last posting I looked up Mary Hopkin and she is 2 years older than me, so more or less of our (most of our) generation.  And Those Were the Days was one of the songs posted on Apple records by the Beatles.  She is Welsh, so question is, Arkwright and ChrisF, do you know her???

ProfC

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Those were the days, my friend...
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Professor,

Thanks for sharing the video and information with us!  She reminds me of Janice Ian, who sang "Seventeen"!

I also am Welsh, as "Morgan" is a popular name in Wales.  Wonderful country and scenic place to visit!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Sadly, I remember her as well as the song......  In some ways it seems like a lifetime ago, in other ways it seems like just yesterday.  Yes, that is our generation.....

I would mostly remember the early 70's while I was in  college.  Those were the days my friends............1

shoeman,

I remember one time flying on TWA from St. Louis to LAX, and listed to Janice Ian all the way!  What a great flight.

Recently saw, Maureen McGovern, she was great, but Judy Collins was terrible!  May have to start another post of shows near Marriott's.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Jerry

we are in the process of moving and my wife came across an old box from our college days.  One piece of memorabilia was a ticket to see REO Speedwagon, another was to see Jefferson Airplane.  Admission for both events was $5 each.... 

Shoeman,

Yes, those were the days!

I was in North Dakota and had a chance to see Jefferson Airplane, but did not do it in and really should have!

Went to see Chad and Jeremy as well as The Kingston Trio at the Sheldon in St. Louis and they were both great!.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...