8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2012 10:10 AM by missgee RSS

Marriott Rewards Points - Do I deserve them ?

ale_brz Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hello guys,

Recently my family and me were hosted in Residence Inn at Aventura, Miami.

We love it.

Well, I forgot to tell your staff my Marriott Rewards Number, so I did not earn my points.

I would like to know if I may receive these points.

Thank you.

Alessandro Silva

Additional Information:

Check in: 2012/08/16

Check out: 2012/08/18

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Aventura, Florida, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Miami Aventura Mall
  • Re: Marriott Rewards Points - Do I deserve them ?
    missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Probably the quickest way for you to receive them is if you call the hotel and ask them to add your Rewards # to the stay.  Other than that, you can call the customer service line or fill out the missing stay request form located in your rewards activity page.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Missgee gave a good answer.  I think your best bet is to call the customer support line.

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/customer-support.mi

Additionally ale_brz, I noticed that your reservation was almost two months ago.  Of course, the more time that goes by, the more difficult it can sometimes be to get an oversight corrected.  Generally, your reward points for a paid stay will appear on your rewards activity webpage within about 48 hours after a stay (Marriott Visa credit card spending points take longer).  I think it's best to check your activity page within a few days of a stay to verify that you received your points.

One more thing, and I hope I'm not splitting hairs over words here, but when you stated that you were "hosted", I'm not quite sure what you meant by that.  Was the reservation in fact in your name or someone elses?

I hope you are able to get your points for that stay.  Thanks for posting, and please continue to let us know how your travels go.

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Actually, call Marriott rewards. They can actually look at your entire folio for the stay remotely and immediately and credit what you have coming to you in terms of points. Once they enter them into the system, it will credit by midnight your time.

have done it several times already,

Should get your points no problem.  Hope this helps!  - Al

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Hi ale_brz.  I just thought I'd drop in and give you the latest link for assistance on missing rewards.  I am well on my way to having my own missing stays resolved.... I just clicked on the link in this thread:

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/blogs/community-managers-corner/2012/10/23/marriott-associates-help-answer-your-rewards-questions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...