1 2 3 18 Previous Next 266 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2016 2:09 PM by tryt53 RSS

MI "World Tour"!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

To commemorate Chrisf "World Tour" next year I am recommending a first annual "Open House" for any current or former Marriott Insiders.  Everyone will be on their own "Dime" or points and I will see if all MI can get at least a "Best Available" rate.  I know a lot of people can't make it during the week, but it happens when it happens.  I would like to plan one year ahead and eventually hold a similar event in Washington, DC, where we could get a chance to meet Marriott Insiders staff in person.

Here is the initial itinerary.  Again, I am looking forward to welcoming Chris and others to join me on this initial event.  All events start at 5:30 PM or ?

Monday, April 22,           JW Marriott Houston, Texas          This wonderful location, right across from The Galleria is MI friendly.  I will be working with there management to get the best room                                                prices and treatment for MI.  This would be the first ever MI "Open House"!

Thursday, May 2,          Renaissance, Chicago River, Chicago, Il     Another great location, close to shopping, walk to wonderful dining and hopefully make it to the Top of The John Hancock for a great view from 95 stories!

Thursday, May 16          Marriott County Hall in London, England     The staff has already assured me of their support and what a place to HQ while seeing London.  We should have a number of  "Chaps" from GB show up and hope others can join us sometime during the week, but especially in the newly renovated lounge.  I know Arkwright will do his best to make the event as he knows the property and has met some of their wonderful staff before.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Please help me welcome Chris to a couple of US cities and hope you can bring your loved ones with you to the events.  Again, no big deal, just a chance to meet other MI for a refreshment and laugh or two!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chicago, Illinois, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel
Houston, Texas, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Houston
London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
Paris, France Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel
Washignton, District Of Columbia, USA
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott New Orleans
Hollywood, California, USA Renaissance Hotels Omaha Marriott
San Diego, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
Williamsburg, Virginia, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Williamsburg
Zurich, Switzerland Marriott Hotels & Resorts
Alaska, USA
Anchorage, Alaska, USA
Alaska, USA
Glacier Bay, Alaska, USA
  • 1. Re: MI "World Tour"!
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

What a wonderful idea.  This may be the start of something big.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: MI "World Tour"!
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I'll keep the dates open and see what develops..thanks JC.

• 3. Re: MI "World Tour"!
    chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Jerry ... That sounds brilliant!  All of those dates/locations look good for us.  We are starting our World Tour on 13 February next year and return to  the UK on 5 May.  Marriotts are booked for many stays but not in New Zealand - there are none!

• 4. Re: MI "World Tour"!

Chris,

It may just be the four of us, but everyone is invited!

Tomorrow, I am working on good rates for us in Houston, and Chicago.  I've got the County Hall booked on points, and they have been very supportive in London.

The worse is we can get together and have a wonderful meal at Simpson's in The Strand.  Table 7!

Will keep you informed.  I will be with NUhusker next week and see if he can join us in our "World Tour"!

• 5. Re: MI "World Tour"!

PP,

"The more the merrier".  Would love to have everyone as the late Ricky Nelson so aptly sang "To a Garden Party"!

• 6. Re: MI "World Tour"!

razor,

Hope you can make Houston!

We all have to start somewhere and I will extend an invitation to all Marriott staff as well, but I do not want, nor expect, anything from them, other than their consistent quality to MI.

I really think that in years to come it will be very big!  This could be the Marriott "Super Bowl" and everyone benefits!

• 7. Re: MI "World Tour"!
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

What she said.  Very fun idea.  We'll be in Europe sometime next May, just swirling smoke at this point.  If the planets align, maybe we can time and plan travel around heading out via Chicago, or heading back via London.  Will have to see how things "pan" out.

• 8. Re: MI "World Tour"!
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

jerry:

Great idea! Will be looking for further detail. Not sure if I can do a Chicago-London trip so closely, but would be willing to give it a shot! After all...I'm retired... so I have time on my side....just not so sure my wife will be available for travel then....so I might have to come on my own......

Keep us posted!

• 9. Re: MI "World Tour"!

tef,

Would love to have you and anyone else you would like to bring.  I was planning on being in London and this just made sense to have an evening with other MI, while there.

• 10. Re: MI "World Tour"!

pluto,

Would be great to have you bring your family to any of the locations.

Really expect a small turnout at first, but if could become real fun.  I would like to mix up the cities in the future.  Would be great to have an event in:

Paris

San Francisco

Rome

Key West

Ottawa or Niagara Falls, Canada

So many wonderful places that would be great places to have a "Chin Wag", as my Canadian friend puts it!

• 11. Re: MI "World Tour"!
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Yep Jerry, North, South, East and West. 

You're right I'm sure, small at first, but it could develop into something quite special over time. Maybe some 'surprise' guests may even show up!

Good lookin' out, as they say.

• 12. Re: MI "World Tour"!

pluto77,

Most of us are "Creatures of habit", when it comes to travel.  We like to be comfortable and that is why I like Western Europe to much.  Having now met other MI in various locations it really ads a lot to a travel experience.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy doing things on my own (Most people wouldn't enjoy the things/places I like anymore than I would like their selections),, but sharing experiences with other travelers is powerful and rewarding.

In closing, there are a lot of places I have never been but would go if there was a least one other MI to at least have a refreshment and conversation with.

• 13. Re: MI "World Tour"!
    GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

JC,

This is a wonderful idea!

I will see if I can make it to any of the cities listed on those dates.

Any chance of a NYC, WDC or Boston stopover?

• 14. Re: MI "World Tour"!
    GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

JC,

Maybe we should look into group rates, like they have at conferences for those attending the MI reunions?

1 2 3 18 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...