8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2012 4:06 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Sandringham House

sg1974 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

We visited Sandringham a few weeks ago and thought I might share a few photos.

It is about a 2 to 2.5 hour drive from London.

The website will give a more detailed history than I could:

Sandringham Estate

This is where the Royal family spend Christmas time.

There isn't a huge number of rooms that you see, but they are beautiful and completely furnished.

Unfortunately you can't take pictures inside.

There is also a small museum to visit.

The gardens are very nice to walk around.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts Courtyard Charleston
  • Re: Sandringham House
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

sg1974,

Wonderful pictures!

The grounds look to be quite lovely and this sure looks like a "Peaceful" place.

Thanks for sharing with us.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sg1974 Gold

JC,

You inspired me with all your great photos.

I have plenty of other photos of beautiful houses we have visited in the UK.

I will share pictures of some of the better places to visit.

SG

sg,

Thanks for the photo's and comment!

Do you have any photo's of Stratford-on-Avon?  Any advice?  Maybe start a new post on it?

Am planning on taking a "Day trip" there from London next May.  Have always wanted to go, never have made it.  I would like to take the train up/back in the same day.

Thanks!   Will await any photo's of "Merry England"!

sg1974 Gold

JC,

Stratford on Avon is very nice. I have some photos on the computer from 2006! Have been meaning to revisit the place.

May well get there shortly as we have weekend stays coming up not too far from there.

There are some beautiful places in the Cotswolds that we have visited over the years these are certainly worth a look.

I can start another discussion then we can gather details about trains & attractions for your day trip.

SG

SG,

Yes, it would be great for you to post some pictures and start a new post on SoA!

It sounds like a place I can get there from London via train, and walk around to the various points of interest.

Thanks for your prompt response!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Sg,

Thanks for lighting up this attraction on my radar.  The pics are terrific and so is the website.  It's not far from a nice looking Marriott property in Norwich too, and also not far from Cambridge.

sg1974 Gold

pluto,

We are staying at Sprowston Manor in a couple of weeks, looking forward to that.

Yes Cambridge is a nice place to visit, easily accessible from London.

Great restaurant Midsummer House is there: http://www.midsummerhouse.co.uk/

Apart from the sights of Cambridge there is a really nice and unusual National Trust Property, Anglesey Abbey not too far away: http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/anglesey-abbey/

SG

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

it looks like a very nice property.  thanks for posting the restaurant and abby info.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...