12 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2012 4:45 PM by dennisd RSS

Request for re-deposit of points

dennisd Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My Platinum Elite Rewards account has been debited 30,000 points in error for a hotel stay for which I paid.

I made a reservation at the Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key for July 22, 2012.

I requested a reward reservation, but was told by hotel staff that no reward rooms were available for the night, so I went ahead and booked the room and guaranteed the reservation and paid for the room with my Chase Marriott Rewards credit card.

Upon checkout, I saw that my Rewards account had been debited 30,000 points.

The desk staff at the hotel said that the points would be re-deposited to my account, but to date this has not happened.

I have faxed a missing stay form, current Rewards account summary with transaction highlighted, Chase Marriott Rewards account activity page with transaction highlighted, and  Marriott Sand Key room receipt six times since August 22, 2012, but have not yet been credited the points.

What else can I do to expedite the re-deposit of my points?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Clearwater Beach, Florida, USA
  • Re: Request for re-deposit of points
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Dennis,

It sounds like you've done just about everything...let's see if the NathalieF can help.  I would also call the Platinum helpline and see if they can just do it over the phone. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

dennisd Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks for your suggestion. Maybe a Community Manager can help. The Platinum help line rep is the person who told me to fax all the docs, so that box has been checked.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Dennis..... If it was me, I'd call back, ask again politely, then ask for a supervisor.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Dennis,

How long has it been since you sent them the requested FAX documents?

dennisd Platinum 5 Reviews

First sent on August 22, then five more times since, last time today.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Community Manager is in Hawaii this week.  Not certain if he is reading email while traveling.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Gem Princess is right, Andy (community manager) is on vacation this week.  Shalini, one of his colleagues, is supposed to be covering for Andy.  She maybe able to assist with Dennisd's issue.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hello dennisd,

I have forwarded this issue to customer care on your behalf to look into the situation. Please let me know if any further assistance is needed.

dennisd Platinum

Thanks very much. I'll let you know how it turns out.

dennisd Platinum

My points have now been restored. Many thanks to all of you for your suggestions and your help. I'd still be waiting if it wasn't for you!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...